Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mid 20s young man brought to ED after gunshot to leg 30 min ago. unconscious and remarkably pale. pulse 120, RR 16, BP 80/60. compared to healthy adult, what would you see in him?
art baroreceptor firing rate _____ sys vasc resist__pulm vas resist __systemic cap fluid transfer
up ______________________ up __________ up __________ filtration
up ______________________ down ________ up __________ absorption
up ______________________down ________ down ________ filtration
down ____________________ up __________ up __________ absorption
down ____________________ up __________ down ________ filtration
down ____________________ down ________ down ________ absorption
I knew he's out of blood, so his volume is down so his baroreceptors should be firing less. his vascular resistance should be up as his body tries to vasoconstrict. but I couldn't decide if his pulm vasc resistance is up or down. I'm leaning towards absorption for systemic cap fluid transfer (down up up absorption), since he probably wants to try to reabsorb as much fluid as possible, which means high pulm vasc resistance... wouldn't that be counter productive for his O2 exchange? or is it a byproduct of severe vasoconstriction, even his pulmonary vasculature?
art baroreceptor firing rate _____ sys vasc resist__pulm vas resist __systemic cap fluid transfer
up ______________________ up __________ up __________ filtration
up ______________________ down ________ up __________ absorption
up ______________________down ________ down ________ filtration
down ____________________ up __________ up __________ absorption
down ____________________ up __________ down ________ filtration
down ____________________ down ________ down ________ absorption
I knew he's out of blood, so his volume is down so his baroreceptors should be firing less. his vascular resistance should be up as his body tries to vasoconstrict. but I couldn't decide if his pulm vasc resistance is up or down. I'm leaning towards absorption for systemic cap fluid transfer (down up up absorption), since he probably wants to try to reabsorb as much fluid as possible, which means high pulm vasc resistance... wouldn't that be counter productive for his O2 exchange? or is it a byproduct of severe vasoconstriction, even his pulmonary vasculature?