guys need your guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

submariner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG. I matched into catagorical IM last year with god's help. During my late intern year, I realized IM is not a good choice for me from many aspect. I told my PD I need leave after I finish my intern year and reapply. Now I am at home working on my application. In fact, pathology is my favorite, but I did not match to it last time. Guys I need your guide badly. What will be my chance for this year? What should I pay attention to. Need your help. BTW I will do an observership in path this september. Many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an IMG. I matched into catagorical IM last year with god's help. During my late intern year, I realized IM is not a good choice for me from many aspect. I told my PD I need leave after I finish my intern year and reapply. Now I am at home working on my application. In fact, pathology is my favorite, but I did not match to it last time. Guys I need your guide badly. What will be my chance for this year? What should I pay attention to. Need your help. BTW I will do an observership in path this september. Many thanks.

I dont know about your experience in path, but I would say apply to as many programs (the ones you think you can get into) as you can. How many interviews did you receive in path last time?

You need to show you have experience in path and you should be able to convey sincere enthusiasm for path in your interviews. Submit as many good letters of recommendations from path attendings as you can.

Good luck.