GW Pre-Med Requirements

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by spazzy117, Jul 24, 2006.

1. spazzy117

spazzy117 Junior Member

Medical Student
    In GWashington Seconday, it asks you to fill in all the required pre-med classes.
    I am a biology major, a lot of my classes with labs would fill the requirements. Should I put in classes that I got A (easy classes) or should I put in classes that are much more difficult and challenging (but got B+s)? What do you guys think?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member

Medical Student
    Umm...put in the classes that fulfills GW's pre-med requirements.

4. spazzy117

spazzy117 Junior Member

Medical Student
    yea I understand that. But I have several classes that fulfill GW's biology requirements but they only allow you to put in three. So I am just trying to figure out which of the elligible ones to put.

5. spospo

spospo Going to extremes

Medical Student

i put in my intro classes. the adcoms can look to see what other classes you have taken. its not like they don't see them if you don't list them there. it is just a quick and easy way for both them and you to make sure you covered your pre reqs

6. tacrum43

tacrum43 Behold the mighty echidna

Resident [Any Field]
    For the one year/two semesters/three quarters of biology that is a pre-req for every med school, I would just put the freshman level classes you took as a bio major. Unless you received AP credit for one or more of those (or perhaps if you took them at a CC), in which case you should put down an upper division class(es) instead.

7. manhattan

manhattan New Member

Pre-Medical
    On the actual secondary there are directions that say that one "must" list those classes that were required to fulfill the premed sequence at your school.

I, like you, was a biology majoy. I did pretty mediocre in my early bio classes and much better in upper level classes. I definitely put in the intro classes on the secondary however. I would not fool around with that. they want you to follow their instructions directly. They will see everything else.
    good luck!