GW Regular Decision 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACPTWannabe

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who applied to George Washington regular decision has heard anything?

Thanks,

Anna

Members don't see this ad.

Nope! Just got a confirmation email yesterday saying my application is now under review.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application August 13th and was verified a few days later.

I submitted and was verified a few days after that. Maybe I'll hear something soon. If not, I have to pull my application. I've been accepted to a January start date program. GW is just my top choice though.

I submitted and was verified a few days after that. Maybe I'll hear something soon. If not, I have to pull my application. I've been accepted to a January start date program. GW is just my top choice though.

Congrats on the acceptance! Hopefully you hear back soon!

Thanks. I'm just excited to get in. Good luck on your interview!

Received an interview invite for Dec.1st. Debating on whether to do it or not. Did anyone else hear back for Dec. 1st?

Hey Anna, congrats on the interview and the acceptance! If GW is your top choice I would definitely recommend going to the interview. I'm in my second year but I remember how much the interview days influenced my thoughts and feelings about the schools. I think it's a good idea to look at all your options and think of it as a two-sided interview. I just looked at the current 1st and 2nd years that will be at the interview day on Dec 1st; if you decide to come you'll meet a great group of people and get a good idea of the social atmosphere at GW. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Anna, congrats on the interview and the acceptance! If GW is your top choice I would definitely recommend going to the interview. I'm in my second year but I remember how much the interview days influenced my thoughts and feelings about the schools. I think it's a good idea to look at all your options and think of it as a two-sided interview. I just looked at the current 1st and 2nd years that will be at the interview day on Dec 1st; if you decide to come you'll meet a great group of people and get a good idea of the social atmosphere at GW. Good luck!
Unfortunately, I am turning it down. If I was to go, I know I would love it as I have already met with faculty from the school. If I was to get accepted after the interview, I just cannot justify the cost of GW ($45K plus cost of living) versus the program I have already been accepted to ($25K including cost of living). I really wish cost wasn't a factor, but it definitely is.

Hi runnfree! I am set to interview this Friday (11/16) and I am so nervous! As a current student, do you remember how you prepared for the group interview? Do you also recall any specific questions you were asked or ways you made yourself stand out? Any and all advice will be much appreciated!

Hey everyone. I applied to GWU and still haven't heard back for an interview or anything. Do you know when their last interview date/session is? I did email someone on 10/30 and they said my application was still under review. I guess I'm just getting anxious. Lol

Hey everyone. I applied to GWU and still haven't heard back for an interview or anything. Do you know when their last interview date/session is? I did email someone on 10/30 and they said my application was still under review. I guess I'm just getting anxious. Lol
I am also waiting to hear back from GWU! I talked with a current student in the program and she said they conduct interviews in January as well as February! I’m anxious as well lol. She told me to just be patient. Also it seems like we are applying to a lot of the same schools!

I am also waiting to hear back from GWU! I talked with a current student in the program and she said they conduct interviews in January as well as February! I’m anxious as well lol. She told me to just be patient. Also it seems like we are applying to a lot of the same schools!
Oh cool. Maybe we will hear back soon then. Fingers crossed :) And yeah, I noticed that as well, haha!

Hi runnfree! I am set to interview this Friday (11/16) and I am so nervous! As a current student, do you remember how you prepared for the group interview? Do you also recall any specific questions you were asked or ways you made yourself stand out? Any and all advice will be much appreciated!

Congrats on your interview! How was it? I have an interview at George Washington in December which I am extremely excited for but also incredibly nervous. Any advice for how to prepare for the interview would be much appreciated! George Washington is one of my top choices!!

Congrats on your interview! How was it? I have an interview at George Washington in December which I am extremely excited for but also incredibly nervous. Any advice for how to prepare for the interview would be much appreciated! George Washington is one of my top choices!!

Hey! I actually enjoyed the interview day! GWU did a great job in making it a day where you can get to know the school, its students, and staff just as much as they get to know you. We had a group interview to begin with (about 4-5 people in each group) where a faculty member led discussions and questions involving PT and the workplace (so knowing a little about how PTs actually operate in the field will be helpful). The day ended with a one-on-one interview which was also very chill. All in all, it was my favorite interview to date and I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from them!

Good luck on your interview!

Hey! I actually enjoyed the interview day! GWU did a great job in making it a day where you can get to know the school, its students, and staff just as much as they get to know you. We had a group interview to begin with (about 4-5 people in each group) where a faculty member led discussions and questions involving PT and the workplace (so knowing a little about how PTs actually operate in the field will be helpful). The day ended with a one-on-one interview which was also very chill. All in all, it was my favorite interview to date and I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from them!

Do you know when we are suppose to hear back from GW? I interviewed there a couple weeks go and I am also anxiously waiting!

Do you know when we are suppose to hear back from GW? I interviewed there a couple weeks go and I am also anxiously waiting!
I still haven’t heard back! I interviewed on the first day and was hoping to hear news by now. Perhaps the delay is because of the holidays and not that there aren’t acceptances with our names on it :)

Has anyone not received an invite to interview yet and still not heard back? They said I am still under review

Not yet :( it can take three months which is very inconvenient if you have deposits due on 1/15 like me...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard back yet? I emailed yesterday asking for an update but haven’t heard back. Pretty sure if I was accepted I would have heard by now. I have a deposit due 1/15 for another school so if I don’t hear back by Friday I’ll most likely commit to the other school.

I’m starting to worry, especially since other people have interviewed and I haven’t :/ I think they’re still interviewing though right?!

I’m pretty sure they interview until March/whenever the class size is full!

I’m interviewing next week so they definitely have more interview spots and I think in Feb too. Has anyone who has already interviewed heard a decision yet? I’m curious as to how much of the class has been filled...

I interviewed on 12/1 and was accepted on 12/14. Definitely double check your application portal. Hope this helps!

I got in!! I already put a deposit down for a different school since the deposit was due. Now I have to make a decision. Anyone have any insight about the DC area? Any pros or cons about the program?

Interviewed in January but haven’t heard yet. Has anyone heard any recent admissions decisions?

i haven’t even been invited to interview yet. so i literally haven’t heard anything from them besides the fact that i’m still under review lol :/

I interviewed 12/1 and didn’t hear back until 1/31. It was a long two months

I got in!! I already put a deposit down for a different school since the deposit was due. Now I have to make a decision. Anyone have any insight about the DC area? Any pros or cons about the program?
Hi! I'm basically in the same situation as you. Did you decide to commit?