GW reputation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burlypie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last few times I've mentioned to a physician that I was accepted at GW, their first comment was, "I hear it's expensive".

Anyone else hearing this?

Anyway, it all other private schools are expensive -- the estimated budget at Jefferson is only about $4000 per year less -- but no one ever mentions that when I bring up Jeff. The impression is always, "Oh, good school".

Weird. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

it seems that GW med isn't all that great. I think their undergrad gets more hype.

I am biased but I have heard the same things from the physicians that I have talked to . . . they all say the GW and Georgetown are expensive and then when I mention that I'm going to Jefferson they just can't say enough great things about it. Part of the reason GW is so expensive is that it is MUCH more expensive to live in DC than Philly. But if you like GW don't worry about what people say and go there!

Members don't see this ad :)
not weird at all. its what i have been hearing too during this application process...

Originally posted by celticmists18
I am biased but I have heard the same things from the physicians that I have talked to . . . they all say the GW and Georgetown are expensive and then when I mention that I'm going to Jefferson they just can't say enough great things about it. Part of the reason GW is so expensive is that it is MUCH more expensive to live in DC than Philly. But if you like GW don't worry about what people say and go there!

Thanks celtic. Let's visit eachother in med school? :)