burlypie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2002
The Land of "Cheese Cream"
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The last few times I've mentioned to a physician that I was accepted at GW, their first comment was, "I hear it's expensive".

Anyone else hearing this?

Anyway, it all other private schools are expensive -- the estimated budget at Jefferson is only about $4000 per year less -- but no one ever mentions that when I bring up Jeff. The impression is always, "Oh, good school".

Weird. Thoughts?

celticmists18

california dreaming
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
studying for Step 1
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am biased but I have heard the same things from the physicians that I have talked to . . . they all say the GW and Georgetown are expensive and then when I mention that I'm going to Jefferson they just can't say enough great things about it. Part of the reason GW is so expensive is that it is MUCH more expensive to live in DC than Philly. But if you like GW don't worry about what people say and go there!

About the Ads

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by celticmists18
I am biased but I have heard the same things from the physicians that I have talked to . . . they all say the GW and Georgetown are expensive and then when I mention that I'm going to Jefferson they just can't say enough great things about it. Part of the reason GW is so expensive is that it is MUCH more expensive to live in DC than Philly. But if you like GW don't worry about what people say and go there!

Thanks celtic. Let's visit eachother in med school? :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.