GW vs NYMC vs SUNY Downstate

Started by MrM45
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrM45

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks,

I’m looking for the school that will give me the most competitive edge for pursuing an academic pediatrics residency.

Between GW, NYMC and SUNY downstate...

Which school is best overall? Which will give me the best access to research? Which has the best class environment? And which will provide the strongest opportunities for residency placement?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
 
Im also deciding between NYMC and downstate and so far have not gotten much advice. I think NYMC would have the best student life since it has a campus. Downstate I've heard from many physicians how bc it is under-resourced you get to see and do a lot.