GWU acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brutus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard from George Washington yet? I interviewed back in September. Do you think they really sent out acceptances yesterday? I know they only accept via snail mail.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting on GW too. They told us they would mail on the 15th too. Hmmm.

you aren't to far away in delaware...maybe you'll get something tomorrow. i'm in california!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't wait!!! I want to call them!!!! :mad: :p +pissed+ :laugh:

darrell told my group:

if you haven't heard from GW by Nov. 1...call the office.

torturous. better not make us wait.

He told my group that we should hear by Oct. 31st. I want to call him and pretend my calendar is all off and today is Oct. 30th!!

anybody heard yet?

Anyone with a GWU interview:

How long did it take you to get an interview invite from the time your application was "complete"? thanks...

my app was complete in late july and i got my interview request in early september

I got put on the "alternate" list. :( Got the letter yesterday.

alternate is not so bad! at least it's not a rejection! and i would think that you must be up high on the alternate list too. i hope i get a letter soon. the anticipation is killing me!

was gwu your first choice?

sorry to hear that kaos.. i feel your pain as I am on hold until December for further review at VCU/MCV and waitlisted at EVMS (which I've been told is unusual as a VA resident who interviewed early). I should hear from GWU in about 3 weeks judging from when you received your letter; I interviewed just a few weeks ago..

hasn't anybody else heard yet? i'm figuring they sent out a lot of letters on the 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
still nobody else heard? i'm hoping for a letter today!

let's keep this thread updated b/c we're all waiting. this is killing me!!! gw is my 2nd choice and its saturday already and nothing!!! i interviewed in mid september so i should be hearing, like daryl said by oct 31. kaos, i'm sorry to hear that you got put on the alternate list. hope it works out for you. do guys think in general applicants like us who interview early generally have better chances of getting in b/c the schools must fill out as many spaces as possible early so that they don't end up getting screwed later on in feb/march?

GW has been accepting for a while - they don't listen to the Oct 15th rule. My friend got her acceptance about 2 weeks ago.

WHAT??? That is TOTALLY not what they told US, and I was in their FIRST interview group! They told us they wouldn't send decisions until the 15th. Unless she was doing early decision or something. +pissed+

Originally posted by kaos
WHAT??? That is TOTALLY not what they told US, and I was in their FIRST interview group! They told us they wouldn't send decisions until the 15th. Unless she was doing early decision or something. +pissed+

Definitely not early decision. She really doesn't want to go there, so maybe she'll give you her acceptance if you ask nicely. ;)

I am positive, though, since it's also been posted on the acceptance list at our school's premed office, and those don't go up until they have a copy of the acceptance letter.

Yeah, could you ask her to give up her place for me PRETTY PLEEEAAASEE??? I'm on the waitlist @ GW. Oh, wait, tell her to not give up her place until like May. At least then I'm pretty much guaranteed a place! ;)

I'm sure youll have nothing to worry about, and you'll get accepted. However, if you ARE waitlisted, lt me know when you are number 1 on the list, I'll ask her if she could withdraw. :)

hey all - I'm interviewing at GW on the 31st. If anybody has comments about how the interview was, please either post them or PM me. And please remember to fill out the interview feedback.

OK, a general question - I'll probably be going to DC a few days early and stay over the weekend....is there anything I can/should do during that time to get a better feel for the school? I'm thinking about trying to meet with professors who do research similar to mine to see if/how one can do research at GW.

Originally posted by Adcadet
OK, a general question - I'll probably be going to DC a few days early and stay over the weekend....

Don't buy gas. Especially not a self-serve station near an interstate ramp!

Waitlistees... Do not give up hope! I got off the waitlist last year in the beginning of June (I'm a first year at GW). Many of my classmates heard over the summer, and some didn't hear until a week or two before orientation. They don't start going to the waitlist until late May. It's a wonderful place and worrt waiting for.

As for the person interviewing soon... Know your application really well. It's a "closed" file interview, where the interviewer only knows your name beforehand. I found this very chalenging, but also a good way to stress point about myself that I really wanted to stress. Also, be aware of ethical issues- I got asked about healthcare. GW was my worst interview- but I'm still here!

Waitlisted too. Happy I wasn't rejected, but waiting is :(

Does anyone know if GWU has you in a certain number on the waitlist and if they will tell you how high you are? Their letter was pretty vague.

Originally posted by brutus
Waitlisted too. Happy I wasn't rejected, but waiting is :(

Does anyone know if GWU has you in a certain number on the waitlist and if they will tell you how high you are? Their letter was pretty vague.

i dont know the answer, but i wouldn't sweat being on GW's waitlist. they probably have a LOT of movement since people get into higher ranked or cheaper schools, so i think an early waitlist can be overcome.

i guess i can expect my letter in the next few days (hopefully at least not a rejection :( )

Yeah, I guess you're right about the GW waitlist. Thing is, the admissions office guy told my interview group that because GW accepts so many people, there is little movement in the waitlist. But now I'm hearing about so many people who were on GW's waitlist now in MS1 and 2.

BTW, does anybody know how GW waitlists? Is it by time or grades/mcats?

any one else hear from gw i interviewed on the 20th and still no word? oh well i guess some more waiting wont hurt me;)) does anyone know their acceptance rate? did anyone else feel like everyone they interviewed with had awesome personalitites etc. so i feel like in the end itll be numbers!! Nooooo. i hope that doesnt do me in:(((

If anybody has pressing questions they want answered, I'll see if I can get a few answers when I interview this Thursday. I figure any questions SDNers have are questions I'll have too.

I'm in virginia and I got my letter yesterday (10/26). I got in, but don't really want to go there as it is not my first choice. In any case, I'll probably send in the deposit until I'm sure about where i want to go.

my god i interviewed about a month ago and still no reply! supposedly if we don't here by the end of october, then we're supposed to call them. ahh! the letter (hopefully a thick one) should come in the next 4 days!

bioguy.. do you mind posting when you interviewed and your general info if you feel comfortable. :)

I interviewed on Oct. 3rd, and I went to U. Virginia undergrad, and am a white non-URM male. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Originally posted by bioguy123
I ... am a white non-URM male.

As opposed to a white URM male? (just kidding :p)

so i interviewed at GW in one of the first interview groups (in early September) and darrell had told us that we would hear by the october 31st. after "patiently" waiting, i finally got up the nerve to call the admissions office. i was told that my file was still under review :( . has anyone else had a similar experience?

I interviewed on October 31, and was told that it would be January before I would hear. 3 months?! I know there are hollidays in there, but come on!

Hi guys,
I interviewed at GW on Oct 25th. I got a letter today and it said that I was on the alternate list, that "I was accepted as an alternate" and they will give me more information in late winter. Did anyone else get this on their alternate letter? What's with late winter- is that the May review date? Anyone with a scoop here. I loved GW. Really want to go there- what can I do to add to my file?
Thanks, and congratulations or good luck to us!

I interviewed on Oct 8th and got the "alternate" letter a few days ago. Looks like after waiting for the last 2 months, we'll just have to wait for another 6-8.