GWU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellohelloduh

UCLA'12
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get an email about the GWU interview session for Friday December 6th? So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get an email about the GWU interview session for Friday December 6th? So excited!
No I did not :( when did you finish all your application materials? I'm hoping I will receive on soon!!

No I did not :( when did you finish all your application materials? I'm hoping I will receive on soon!!
I submitted to PTCAS on 09/19 and had a mailing date of 09/24. I submitted my supplemental app on 10/12. I hope you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted to PTCAS on 09/19 and had a mailing date of 09/24. I submitted my supplemental app on 10/12. I hope you hear back soon!
Thank you, mine was submitted around the same time. Hope to be joining you that day for an interview. Good luck!!

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could share how long after their status changed on their application did they hear back from GWU in regards to an interview? Thanks!

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could share how long after their status changed on their application did they hear back from GWU in regards to an interview? Thanks!
I haven't really been checking much, but I checked right after I got the email and I believe it said DPT5 - Invited for interview or something like that. Now it says DPT3 - Deferred to dept. for review. Wonder what that means/why it changed...

I haven't really been checking much, but I checked right after I got the email and I believe it said DPT5 - Invited for interview or something like that. Now it says DPT3 - Deferred to dept. for review. Wonder what that means/why it changed...
Thanks! I called them earlier today and they told me to pay attention to that and that my status meant I was under the review of the board to see if I was suitable for an interview I guess I was just hoping someone could shed some light on how long that process took.

Also my says "DPT3-Deferred to dept. for review"

Last edited:
Where are yall seeing the status?? Is it on the GWU supplemental application?

Wondering if anyone who had the interview Dec 6 wanted to share how it went, and what they thought about the process and school. Thanks :)

Wondering if anyone who had the interview Dec 6 wanted to share how it went, and what they thought about the process and school. Thanks :)
We met up on the sixth floor of the GW hospital, which is where the physical therapy department is. However they're going to be moving before fall to a newer and bigger facility. There were almost 60 people there, which I was not expecting haha. We checked in and chatted with each other. We then went to one of the lecture rooms where the director of the program had a PowerPoint with some basic program details. They just found out that in the last three years, 100% of students passed the NPTE on the first try so that's good. Also, they are working on tweaking the curriculum to have anatomy in fall instead of spring. After that, the faculty introduced themselves and we were split into two groups. One group was further split into groups of 4 for group interviews with a faculty member while the rest of us went back to where we originally met and broke up into groups of 4 as well where we had to decide what 5 items we'd bring if we were trapped on an island. After that, the two big groups switch. The group interview was nice because you only get picked to go first once or twice, so you have time to think about what you're going to say. Some of the questions I remember are: who is your role model and why; what would you do if you had a patient who didn't want to do physical therapy; if a team loses their first game, who is responsible for making adjustment; what role does a pt have on a healthcare team. They have a packet of questions to ask so I don't think they use the same ones each time but they were fairly straightforward. The only strange one was analyzing a cartoon which of course I had to go first for..lol.
After that, we went on a tour with current students who were about to take finals. We saw the anatomy lab, which is shared with the med students. 6 people per cadaver, 3 to each side. We then went back to the PT dept and had our one-on-one interviews which weren't really interviews, just discussions really. I did get asked if I thought I was prepared to handle the rigor of the program. They checked my file to make sure it was complete and then it was done. We filled out a feedback form at the end - not sure if that has any impact on admissions. After that we were free to go.

Ultimately I thought it was a great experience and would be excited if I got in! I also explored the DC area and loved that as well. The metro is very easy to use.

Reactions: 1 user
We met up on the sixth floor of the GW hospital, which is where the physical therapy department is. However they're going to be moving before fall to a newer and bigger facility. There were almost 60 people there, which I was not expecting haha. We checked in and chatted with each other. We then went to one of the lecture rooms where the director of the program had a PowerPoint with some basic program details. They just found out that in the last three years, 100% of students passed the NPTE on the first try so that's good. Also, they are working on tweaking the curriculum to have anatomy in fall instead of spring. After that, the faculty introduced themselves and we were split into two groups. One group was further split into groups of 4 for group interviews with a faculty member while the rest of us went back to where we originally met and broke up into groups of 4 as well where we had to decide what 5 items we'd bring if we were trapped on an island. After that, the two big groups switch. The group interview was nice because you only get picked to go first once or twice, so you have time to think about what you're going to say. Some of the questions I remember are: who is your role model and why; what would you do if you had a patient who didn't want to do physical therapy; if a team loses their first game, who is responsible for making adjustment; what role does a pt have on a healthcare team. They have a packet of questions to ask so I don't think they use the same ones each time but they were fairly straightforward. The only strange one was analyzing a cartoon which of course I had to go first for..lol.
After that, we went on a tour with current students who were about to take finals. We saw the anatomy lab, which is shared with the med students. 6 people per cadaver, 3 to each side. We then went back to the PT dept and had our one-on-one interviews which weren't really interviews, just discussions really. I did get asked if I thought I was prepared to handle the rigor of the program. They checked my file to make sure it was complete and then it was done. We filled out a feedback form at the end - not sure if that has any impact on admissions. After that we were free to go.

Ultimately I thought it was a great experience and would be excited if I got in! I also explored the DC area and loved that as well. The metro is very easy to use.
Thank you for sharing your interview day with us... Let's hope the rest of us who are still waiting on an answer will get a chance soon to visit & interview at the univ..

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you for the great feedback! Sounds like a pretty full day! Did you enjoy the group interview portion? I would assume that they want to see how you can build and work with others, did this seem to be the case? And 60 people that a large group. I hope it doesn't hurt my chances since I am still hoping to get an interview from them and GWU being one of my top choices. Thanks again for the great information and I hope it went well for you cheers! :)

Thank you for sharing your interview day with us... Let's hope the rest of us who are still waiting on an answer will get a chance soon to visit & interview at the univ..
From looking at last years interview invitations and dates, they could be sending out the next round by the end of this week or maybe next week. Crossing my fingers to get some (good) news before the holidays! Good luck!

Thank you for the great feedback! Sounds like a pretty full day! Did you enjoy the group interview portion? I would assume that they want to see how you can build and work with others, did this seem to be the case? And 60 people that a large group. I hope it doesn't hurt my chances since I am still hoping to get an interview from them and GWU being one of my top choices. Thanks again for the great information and I hope it went well for you cheers! :)
Thanks, I think it went pretty well! It was a pretty full day, 12:30-4:30. I actually did enjoy the group interview portion because it was less stressful than a one on one interview format. Also everyone had a chance to go first, last, middle etc so it was very fair. I'm guessing they do group interview to see how you interact with each other and probably just because 60 individual interviews would take a long time. The group activity about the island thing was interesting because none of the faculty were actually paying attention to us while we were doing it, which I thought would be the point (to see how we work together)...after all, all the group answers were pretty generic. Maybe it was to put us at ease/take up some time while the other group interviews were going on.

Good luck! I hope you get an interview offer soon! :)

From looking at last years interview invitations and dates, they could be sending out the next round by the end of this week or maybe next week. Crossing my fingers to get some (good) news before the holidays! Good luck!
Let's hope so.. It would be a great start to the holiday season.. Keeping the fingers crossed as well!

Exactly how fast did you hear from
GWU after you applied? From what I can tell, my application is still being reviewed. Anyone else in the same boat?

I h
Exactly how fast did you hear from
GWU after you applied? From what I can tell, my application is still being reviewed. Anyone else in the same boat?
I have been "Referred to the Dept." since Oct, so it can really vary for when or if you get invited to an interview.

My application is still referred to department for review as well. Not sure how this bodes for all of us haha.

GW application status was updated today, and I was declined :( but then 2 hours later, was accepted by UF so I am happy once again! good luck everyone!

GW application status was updated today, and I was declined :( but then 2 hours later, was accepted by UF so I am happy once again! good luck everyone!
Mine is still the same...DPT3 referred to department. Sorry that you got declined but congrats on UF, thats awesome!

I had an interview on Jan 24 and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been accepted for this year?

Mine is still the same...DPT3 referred to department. Sorry that you got declined but congrats on UF, thats awesome!

Hey! I emailed Janessa Silcox today about my login because I was having some issues checking my app status ... anyway, she did confirm that they will be interviewing and making decisions through the end of this month ... basically we could hear anytime from now until then is what she said. Those of you offerred interviews, did you get an email telling you this? Also, congrats KtPt on UF. I'm surprised GWU didn't at least email you letting you know the status of your application. When I saw what you posted, I immediately wanted to check my status again. Crappy way of finding out :confused:

They emailed me about two weeks before the interview date.

Hey everyone. I know this may be a little late but if any of you who interviewed were accepted, please let me know! I interviewed on January 11th and was accepted a few days later. I'm thrilled and cannot wait to find out who some of my classmates will be!