GWU - "Remain on Waitlist?" Letters out yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crstabel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there-

Have any of you waitlisted at GW received a letter from them asking if you wish to remain on their waitlist. I was told by an advisor that they normally send out a correspondance to this effect in Feb/March.

Just wondering.

Thanks,
Christine

Members don't see this ad.

I have not received anything like that... yet?

I haven't gotten anything like that yet either.

Hi there-

Have any of you waitlisted at GW received a letter from them asking if you wish to remain on their waitlist. I was told by an advisor that they normally send out a correspondance to this effect in Feb/March.

Just wondering.

Thanks,
Christine

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent them out in late March last year, so I would think it will be around the same time this year.

i haven't received anything either..i think around this time they will split the waitlist into high priority and regular waitlist, so maybe they'll ask if you want to still remain on the waitlist..idk.

late march last year. i'm assuming it's the same this year - admissions only finished interviews about a week ago. i think a bunch of people still haven't gotten initial decisions yet. best of luck.

I heard from someone at GWU Medical School that their class at GWU is already full. Does that mean that nobody is going to withdraw their acceptance b/c its full? Just curious

I heard from someone at GWU Medical School that their class at GWU is already full. Does that mean that nobody is going to withdraw their acceptance b/c its full? Just curious

usually students have until may15th to decide to withdraw or not..it just means that they are no longer giving out acceptances b/c they have given out too many..however, some of those w/acceptances may have given deposits to other schools yet and so may withdraw..

They're full???!? Since when? I have yet to hear and I interviewed 5 weeks ago. I'm worried now :scared:

I also just interviewed like 2 weeks ago and they told us that they were not full. As a matter of fact, we were told that "there is no reason that all of you could not be accepted".
I say we call the admissions office to be certain...

I also just interviewed like 2 weeks ago and they told us that they were not full. As a matter of fact, we were told that "there is no reason that all of you could not be accepted".
I say we call the admissions office to be certain...

Yeah I don't believe they are full...or maybe I choose not to ;)

Is GW your first choice? i've been on the waiting list since october..its been a long wait...