Gwu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brutus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if GWU has been accepting anyone lately. Haven't seen anything for a couple weeks now.
???

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Brutus,

Still waiting . . . .

Originally posted by brutus
I wonder if GWU has been accepting anyone lately. Haven't seen anything for a couple weeks now.
???

No news here...

Members don't see this ad :)
And still nothing???!!

Hi Brutus,

I still haven't heard anything. About to give up on their list. I think they did most of the pulling end of may . . . . if you hear anything let me know.....

too soon to give up hope. I was pulled in July...early-mid. call and email. if you've got spots in schools which begin before gw..let them know that! That's what worked for me!

You guys should also know that GW's deposit deadline was extend from June 2 until June 23. I know that there is still movement throughout the summer. Some of my fellow classmate found out in mid- Aug.

Good luck!

Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist lately?
thanks

no. nothing. and i'm SO disappointed.

Hi Brutus,

I know what you mean. I was really hoping it would work out but doesn't look like it. :(

for anyone on the gw waitlist or anyone who has gotten in: would u mind posting ur stats, or giving some idea about them? I am applying for entrance in fall 2004 and gw is one of my top choices, but I am not sure that I will be a competitive applicant. Thankx for any help

Hey Guys,
I am also waiting to hear from Gw. I was wialisted in early February and I haven't recieved a call from them as of today. When I call the admissions committee I get different asnwers. One person says that the waitlist is moving and another says that the class is full for the time being. I guess each admissions person has their own individual perspective on the status of the school's waitlist. Right now it seems as if waiting and being patient is an impossible thing to do. Good luck everyone!

Hey Osar,
I don't know what your GPA or MCAT scores are but all I know is that having great MCAT scores or a 4.0 will not definitely get you into medical school. SO, if you have great credentials and you just have one bad verbal score or ..., it does not mean you wont get in. I have heard of people who seemed exceptional to me who haven't received interviews from not so well-known schools and I've also heard of someone getting into an IV leauge school even though she had a very low GPA (~3.2). So I don't think it would be right if we decided if your competitive enough. If GW is your first choice, express this interest when you are filling out their secondary and make them understand how much you care about attending their school. You might even want to make an appointment with the Dean of the school in a week or so and get some tips from him. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything lately.... about the waitlist movement or anything . . . . *sigh thanks

Originally posted by Koala_Me
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything lately.... about the waitlist movement or anything . . . . *sigh thanks

I wish.....

Hey Guys,
I just had a question. DO you guys feel like GW's admissions office could be a little nicer or more cheerful when they talk to you about your status. I feel like Darrell is not the best admissions person I have talked to out of all the schools I have been in contact with. When I called in a week ago one guy was like the class is fluid (meaning it is showing movement) but whenever I speak to Darrell he always says that the classes are full for now! It just gets annoying because the reality is that this whole waitlist game isn't fun for any of us and they should respect our wish of knowing what's really going on. I'd appreciate it if someone would reply to this message and tell me if they feel the same way.:confused:

Hi,

I think GW is giving lip service. I have heard as well that the class is filled and that they are not really expecting to go to waitlist as of right now . . . . .but remember in that damn alternate letter it said "most" alternates are accepted .... what does "most" even mean? Like 4 alternates. . . . this totally sucks. time to get some next year plans and find a job or something. As you can tell I am very frustrated and sad (pathetic i know).

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from the GW waitlist lately? Thanks.

Originally posted by Koala_Me
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from the GW waitlist lately? Thanks.

No word yet :(

how competitive is it to get accepted to GWU for out of state students??

sorry bubba, but DC ain't a state

District of Columbia is not a state its the capitol of the US. There are no in-staters thus they only take out of districters....(a bad attempt at a potentially good joke.);)

Heb