Gyn/breast fellowship

Started by fungusflu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fungusflu

Guess what fungus it is!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi:

I'm thinking of doing a Gyn+Breast fellowship. Anyone knows of any good program for that? Thank you.
 
Offhand I don't know of any that combine the two into one fellowship. Most do one or the other, possibly with some general surg path. One place does GU + Breast.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all:

Wow, thank you so much for your prompt reply. I thought it's common to do Gyn+Breast fellowship since that's what my program director did... but maybe I'm wrong. So far I've only heard about UCLA offering this kind of fellowship. How about out east? Any goood program there? Also, is it competitive as far as you know? Thanks!

Pathologists rule!!!
 
I think MGH has a Women's Path fellowship.

MGH has a variety of subspecialty fellowships, with a myriad of combinations available.

The Scully fellowship is a 2 year Gyn and Cyto fellowship, after which you are ACGME boarded in Cyto.

The Gillette fellowship is a 1 year Breast subspecialty fellowship.

And, surg path fellowships are available in which you can choose 2-3 specialties..you can choose gyn+breast if you want to.

The difference at MGH versus lots of other programs, is that all of the above fellowships have sign out privileges (except for Cyto, which is ACGME accredited). The first two weeks on any service you are cosigned with an attending, and then after that you sign out your own cases. Of course, you can show cases around, that's always available.

More info: http://www.massgeneral.org/pathology/train/fellowships.htm