Gyn Onc in Community Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HemeOncHopeful19

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for those of you that have finished fellowship and in practice - does Med Onc routinely take care of Gyn Onc malignancies in certain practice settings? I am curious if it this is a field that we need to learn just to take the boards or if it is something that is more useful once you get out of academia where there is a large Gyn Onc presence.

We get very minimal exposure in my fellowship and I was wondering if it might be worth doing an elective in it.

Edit: I did a search and found a semi-related thread - I guess the answer is "sometimes"?