H

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharm_rx1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I just took my PCAT for the first time today and received a really low comp score. I prepped for 2-3 months using the Kaplan course (waste of $1200) + all the study materials that came with it. I feel so discouraged and literally cried after seeing my score. This is what I got:
VA 406/58
Bio 399/40
RC 373/11
QA 423/85
Chem 405/56
Comp 401/47
PLEASE let me know how to improve!! There was so much info in Kaplan (esp. bio) that I memorized but couldn't apply it to the actual PCAT. I'm planning to take it again in Oct with Dr. Collins and PPT. Anyone take the Kaplan course and improved using Collins and PPT? Any advice would help :(

Have you taken bio/a&p/chem in college? Or did you take the PCAT without taking those classes? Also, not trying to put you down but when you said you "memorized" the info, that is not gonna get you through. You have to understand what it going on know why so you know how to answer the questions the PCAT is asking.

Reactions: 1 user
When I took the test 2 years ago, it was a known fact that Kaplan sucked compared to Dr. Collin's. The only thing that Kaplan had on Dr. Collin's was its massive biology section that blew Collins outta the water. Everything else was just bad; the math section was garbage, chemistry had facts that didn't show up on the exam, blah blah blah. I don't know about now, but if you want to have a good idea on what is expected on the PCAT (especially the chemistry section since that is worth a lot more than the others), go with Collins all the way. If you want an even better idea, get the official practice tests and take those a week before your next exam. That should be enough preparation from now until November.

Off - topic, but rather than just memorizing the information, integrate it and understand why something works the way it does. Look at the big picture.

use chads video for chem(just the gen chem videos) + dr collins

kaplan bluebook bio has a lot of info but it is decent.

i suggest studying mainly with dr collins with chads video for gen chem and kaplan bio part (only bio section of the book)

Status
Not open for further replies.