H1 Visa programs and ROL.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAvaidES

Reaction score
Are UMMS Baystate and Temple University offering H1 B visas (Pathology)? I asked the residents this question and they were hesitant to answer. Apparently, Baystate only offered H1 visas to their top 10 applicants last year. Is it worth putting these programs over other Universities programs in better location and that offers in-house fellowships for visa seeking applicants just for the sake of H1 Visa.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, yes, and probably yes. If you are from one of those countries that wait 20+ years for GC or from somewhere where you may die if you go back to your country for 2 years, do yourself a favor and don't add to your pain by taking a J1 visa.

Reactions: 1 user
Are UMMS Baystate and Temple University offering H1 B visas (Pathology)? I asked the residents this question and they were hesitant to answer. Apparently, Baystate only offered H1 visas to their top 10 applicants last year. Is it worth putting these programs over other Universities programs in better location and that offers in-house fellowships for visa seeking applicants just for the sake of H1 Visa.
You are asking all your questions to the wrong people. Ask about H1b to the PDs and these kind of questions in an IMG group...

Members don't see this ad :)
I did and they are not responding back. I emailed the PCs twice but no response from them either. I really don't want to offend them and jeopardize the ranking process by repeating the same qs.

Here is what I can tell you, they have sponsored H1 historically and I would keep them above J1 programs even if there is a 50% of a chance that they sponsor H1...

Reactions: 1 user