SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

haalloooooooo

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gutR, Jul 9, 2001.

1. gutR

gutR Junior Member

Mar 10, 2001
    staten island, ny usa
    hey
    need some help
    can anyone talk about diff post bac progs
    specifically boston u, finch and mcp
    being a nyer i imagine i wont be liked in boston

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gutR

gutR Junior Member

Mar 10, 2001
    staten island, ny usa
    no love huh

4. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 5, 2001
    CA
    I don't know much about the programs specifically, but you won't be hated TOO much in Boston. You will be ridiculed a bit, but that's par for the course! ;) Anyway, I know from interviewing at Finch for med school that a large % of their master's students (post-bacc) get in to CMS or another school (usually CMS, though). But, the program is tough and you have to maintain a high average (3.5 I think). As for MCP, they kept sending me info on the IMS program after they rejected me, but I threw it out before reading it. As for BU, I know someone who started the post-bacc program there, but don't know what became of him (he was my now ex-boyfriend's best friend). I think he liked it, though. Guess I'm not much help. :( Anyway, from what people told me, you should look not only at the program, but what medical schools it is affiliated with (i.e., where they send the majority of their graduates). Sorry I could not be of more help, but maybe by answering with little information someone will be irked and give you some accurate info. Good luck!

5. crazy4MD

crazy4MD Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2001
    new york, NY
    Hi,
    Well, I don't have any info on those schools you want to go to but you say that you are a NYer so why don't you try a program in NY? I'm looking into postbaccs too and I'm probably gonna apply to the one at NY medical college.

6. MD-bound

MD-bound Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2000
    California, USA
    gutr,

I know a good deal about the master's program at BU--if you would like you can email and I can fill you in.

Peace

7. bluegill

bluegill Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 10, 2001
    You would find plenty of NYers in Boston. They're easy to spot, because they wear Yankees caps. In the 1980's they wore Mets caps, but now they all wear Yankees caps.