haalloooooooo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gutR

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey
need some help
can anyone talk about diff post bac progs
specifically boston u, finch and mcp
being a nyer i imagine i wont be liked in boston

Members don't see this ad.

no love huh

I don't know much about the programs specifically, but you won't be hated TOO much in Boston. You will be ridiculed a bit, but that's par for the course! ;) Anyway, I know from interviewing at Finch for med school that a large % of their master's students (post-bacc) get in to CMS or another school (usually CMS, though). But, the program is tough and you have to maintain a high average (3.5 I think). As for MCP, they kept sending me info on the IMS program after they rejected me, but I threw it out before reading it. As for BU, I know someone who started the post-bacc program there, but don't know what became of him (he was my now ex-boyfriend's best friend). I think he liked it, though. Guess I'm not much help. :( Anyway, from what people told me, you should look not only at the program, but what medical schools it is affiliated with (i.e., where they send the majority of their graduates). Sorry I could not be of more help, but maybe by answering with little information someone will be irked and give you some accurate info. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Well, I don't have any info on those schools you want to go to but you say that you are a NYer so why don't you try a program in NY? I'm looking into postbaccs too and I'm probably gonna apply to the one at NY medical college.

gutr,

I know a good deal about the master's program at BU--if you would like you can email and I can fill you in.

Peace

You would find plenty of NYers in Boston. They're easy to spot, because they wear Yankees caps. In the 1980's they wore Mets caps, but now they all wear Yankees caps.