Had 3 friends. One had 29 MCAT 3.01 UG gpa and 3.3 gpa...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flowerguy

----
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
One had a 32 Mcat 3.5 UG G.P.A 3.0 Science Gpa. and the other had a 27 Mcat 3.5 UG GPA , 3.2 Science G.P.A.

My first friend got into the schools he applied to, The third got into half the schools he applied too and the second didn't get into any. Why is that? They were all arguing about their results and I was hoping I could get some insight here.

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming all three are identical in every way except for the MCAT/GPAs, I think it can be chalked up to the inherent randomness of the admissions process.

You need to provide more info than just MCAT and GPA. Things that could've happened outside of what these three applicants bring to their application. Where they applied, how many schools they applied to, and how early did they apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview skills, extra-curriculars, and how they fit the mission of the schools they applied to also factor in.

2 people drive cars daily for work, recreation, everything.
Driver A: Drives his car like a responsible member of society, checks his tire pressure daily, oil changes regularly, washes his car on weekends, takes good car of his automobile. Proud automobile owner.
Driver B: Drives his car like a stock car driver, never checks his oil, could care less about maintenance, runs is car thru the car wash three times a year, has an impressive collection of dried McDonald's French fries between the seat cushions. Takes his car for granted.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are a mechanic. They both come to your shop. You know nothing above the black line.
Driver A drives Driver B to your shop because Driver B's car won't start.

It MAY be that you don't know enough behind the scenes information about your friends.

One had a 32 Mcat 3.5 UG G.P.A 3.0 Science Gpa. and the other had a 27 Mcat 3.5 UG GPA , 3.2 Science G.P.A.

My first friend got into the schools he applied to, The third got into half the schools he applied too and the second didn't get into any. Why is that? They were all arguing about their results and I was hoping I could get some insight here.

You have odd friends, in that it should be obvious, the entirety of the application isn't your GPA/MCAT — they don't just include the rest, PS, primary, secondary, interviews, you know stuff that you demonstrate your CC/EC, because they enjoy just looking through them.

Slap your friends for being so binary. :)