Had interview with NOVA...status on AADSAS changed today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jobayanks29

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys so my status for NOVA changed today from invited to interview to just a blank box lol. does anyone know what this means/i hope this is a precursor to saying offer made in a couple days :):):). did this happen to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that that is the case! It sounds like they have made a decision about you for sure!
I was offered an interview back in august and I withdrew pre-interview, and my status on AADSAS never changed from 'interview' so Im pretty sure your change means they have decided! Likeyl you will see something new there on the 1st

Mine changed to "Offer Accepted" ! I guess that means I got in...

Members don't see this ad :)
Strange that it says the offer to me was "accepted" though!

hahah serious??

congrats man. i guesss that doesnt look good for me tho :(

I thought the schools had an agreement with AADSAS to only let us know starting Dec. 1st... Am I missing something :)?

And btw, congratulations on your acceptance!!!!

Last edited:
I thought the schools had an agreement with AADSAS to only let us know starting Dec. 1st... Am I missing something :)?

They didnt follow it. So whats the big deal?
He will have an awesome thanksgiving dinner this time.
Congrats for the acceptance. Enjoy the wine with the turkey!!!

Nova changed for me too. I had a similar thing happen to me the other day.

I got an email from Pitt saying that when they changed all of their new apps to "Under Review", aadsas instead said "Offer Rescinded". Sure enough there it was on my page, and aadsas still hasn't fixed it. I'm not gonna trust them on this one until the 1st.

Like you said, especially if they're assuming the offer has already been accepted...

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is blank, too. I'm starting to think this is a bad thing :( A few pre-dents on facebook I know are saying they've been accepted there and found out via aadsas...

Mine is blank, too. I'm starting to think this is a bad thing :( A few pre-dents on facebook I know are saying they've been accepted there and found out via aadsas...

I really doubt this guys aadsas updated to accepted. I think he's pulling our leg
Take a pic and post it

mine says offer accepted.

I think they did this early this year due to the thanksgiving break.

woo hoo

mine says offer accepted.

I think they did this early this year due to the thanksgiving break.

woo hoo

Wow, I have close to a 3.7 and a 20/20 Dat, and was even interviewed at harvard. I thought I would be accepted. Apparently not. I'm kind of depressed, this is going to be a bad thanksgiving

I just went from excited -> depressed

My status changed to "Offer Accepted" as well... it seems like a weird status though seeing as no offer has been technically 'accepted'... do you guys think this is an error or an acceptance (reallyyyy hoping for acceptance, not error!)

Shouldn't it say, "Offer Made"? It seems to me that "Offer Accepted" would mean you've accepted their offer of admission, and you haven't yet.

REH.

I think you got in trident. congrats now go celebrate

Shouldn't it say, "Offer Made"? It seems to me that "Offer Accepted" would mean you've accepted their offer of admission, and you haven't yet.

REH.

That's what I was thinking. I don't want to get my hopes up and then find out it was an AADSAS error...

hey guys so my status for NOVA changed today from invited to interview to just a blank box lol. does anyone know what this means/i hope this is a precursor to saying offer made in a couple days :):):). did this happen to anyone else?

Mines blank too. is that a good sign?

Congratz to all of you who got in!!! =D:clap:
i hope this isn't an error or anything!!!!

EDIT: Nm.. I just remembered about Thanksgiving.. lol

Last edited:
Wow, I have close to a 3.7 and a 20/20 Dat, and was even interviewed at harvard. I thought I would be accepted. Apparently not. I'm kind of depressed, this is going to be a bad thanksgiving

I just went from excited -> depressed

I'm sure you will get tons of acceptances on Dec. 1st. Besides we don't know if this is official or not. You interviewed with Harvard... come on now...

I'm sure it changed that you accepted their interview invite. AADSAS enforces the december 1st thing they would not post something prior to the 1st. Way to get everyone excited over nothing.

I'm sure it changed that you accepted their interview invite. AADSAS enforces the december 1st thing they would not post something prior to the 1st. Way to get everyone excited over nothing.

See that's why I'm so confused...Dr. Lippman at the end of the interview said we will never hear prior to December 1st, but definitely on December 1st and that he'd be making the phone calls when he got a chance that day...

Yeah.. I'm confused too. :confused:

At least Monday we find out! Good luck to everyone! :)

P.S. I didn't realize that Nova calls you.. I thought we had to call them?

now I'm confused... and curious. we need the Nova D1 student here... kk

It makes sense that offer was accepted for the interview... but at the same time I don't know why then status went blank for some people and offer accepted for the rest of us. :confused:

Does it really say offer accepted? Thats crazy!

maybe they did offer accepted in alphabetical order and didnt get to some ppl haha keepin the hope

when I interviewed there about 1.5 weeks ago I asked if AADSAS would be updated Dec 1. Su-Ann Zarrett said to check snail mail a few days before Dec. 1st and you might find a goodie in there, and yes aadsas update would occur Dec.1. Hopefully for you all with "offer Accepted" this means your in. Congrats! D

Mine changed to "blank" too
darn
hope this is a good sign

damn. this is some exciting stuff. i'm jealous :p

congrats!

Last year it showed offer made from Nova when I was offered a spot there. That's also what it said pre Dec 1st when the "view source" worked.

Congratulations for all of you who got "in"!!!:)

oh my god. Stop jumping to conclusions, all of you people who are all like 'OMG I'm so depressed, how sad, boo hoo' It's not even Dec 1st, just calm the frick down drama queens.

oh my god. Stop jumping to conclusions, all of you people who are all like 'OMG I'm so depressed, how sad, boo hoo' It's not even Dec 1st, just calm the frick down drama queens.

I agree. Schools have a list of 13 codes to select from. Offer accepted is not the same as offer made (which means that you are offered a spot). Check out what I found on the web; it comes from actual ADEA website. Go to page 11.

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/aadsas/Documents/HPA2009.pdf

Wishing everyone the best, but dont get too excited.

The more that I am thinking about this, an offer has to be made for you to accept it. Offer accepted could be that you have accepted their interview invitation.

If it is for a spot in the class, an offer has to be made first, and once u send ur check for a 1000 bucks, then it becomes an offer accepted

anyone thinking or on the same page as me?

I dont know, what do u guys think?

The more that I am thinking about this, an offer has to be made for you to accept it. Offer accepted could be that you have accepted their interview invitation.

If it is for a spot in the class, an offer has to be made first, and once u send ur check for a 1000 bucks, then it becomes an offer accepted

anyone thinking or on the same page as me?

I dont know, what do u guys think?
i like this theory, it means that those who went blank=accepted
those who went to "offer accepted" = just accepted interview

but honestly, i'm not sure about offer accepted, it seems weird, i too think that it would change to offer made (checking that pdf, it seems that offer made would logically be given rather than offer accepted, which would be when you put down a deposit)

either way, we'll find out on Dec 1st!!

i like this theory, it means that those who went blank=accepted
those who went to "offer accepted" = just accepted interview

but honestly, i'm not sure about offer accepted, it seems weird, i too think that it would change to offer made (checking that pdf, it seems that offer made would logically be given rather than offer accepted, which would be when you put down a deposit)

either way, we'll find out on Dec 1st!!

You like that theory because yours was changed to blank. I think the prevailing wisdom is that none of this means anything, and people are reading into it too much.

Don't want to see the thread "NOVA accepted me, but I haven't heard anything!" on December 15th...

Everyone just take a deep breath... this site has the most high-strung crazy pre-dents in the whole cycle, half the time I can't bear to read this ****.

i mean regardless of what it means either way, switching it on the wednesday b4 thanksgiving sucks for anyone that interviewed at nova since no one is going to know what i means for 4 days

Look at it this way....having it say offer accepted can't be a bad thing, so congratulations!

i mean regardless of what it means either way, switching it on the wednesday b4 thanksgiving sucks for anyone that interviewed at nova since no one is going to know what i means for 4 days

we'll just have to either wait until Monday or find a goodie in the mail box over the weekend. But yea, this sucks for now.

JamesOSU, I'm glad someone is a realist in the house. Keep it up!

You like that theory because yours was changed to blank. I think the prevailing wisdom is that none of this means anything, and people are reading into it too much.

Don't want to see the thread "NOVA accepted me, but I haven't heard anything!" on December 15th...

Everyone just take a deep breath... this site has the most high-strung crazy pre-dents in the whole cycle, half the time I can't bear to read this ****.
well then don't read it...seriously, no offense

we're all just a little nervous

Does anyone's status for Nova still say, "Invited for Interview"??