Had to retake 3 shelves...how can I still ace Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Spazz

I know preparation for Step 2 rests a lot on doing well on the shelves. I need to land a solid score like 250's (Step 1 = 203/83).

These are the shelves I failed:
IM
Psych
OB-GYN

Any suggestions?
I'm planning on using UW and Secrets.
Should I use supplements for the individual subjects? I liked using Case Files during my rotations.

Also, what's the distribution of subject matter on the test? I know IM is big, but is there much neuro and psych on the flipside? Thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Luckily I have Nov and Dec off to study for it, I'll be doing some research and interviews during then but other than that, I think I can average about 30 hrs wk x 6 wks.

Revisit every subject. Consider going beyond Case Files, since it didn't seem to help the first time.

Books like Step Up to Medicine, First Aid for Psych, Blueprints OB/Gyn since you failed those subjects. Since you want to break 250, consider a dedicated book for every shelf exam with a raw score under 75-80.

Do thousands of questions. UW, QBook, NMS question book, USMLE Steps 123, QBank, etc.

Quite a bit of psych -- my second highest shelf but my weakest subject on Step 2. Nonnegligible amount of neuro. Since you're pushing for a very high score you can't afford to neglect anything.