HAHA AAMC is not nice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TPROrgoTutor

So I get my MCAT score report and decide to open it just to double check. What is the first thing I see? A score report that says 8/7/8 N (I og ta 36). My heart DROPPED. Then after a moment of utter panic I read where it says "sample score report." I had to laugh at myself for that momentary lapse. I got downright scared.

Anyone else do the same when they opened theirs?

Members don't see this ad.

TPROrgoTutor said:
So I get my MCAT score report and decide to open it just to double check. What is the first thing I see? A score report that says 8/7/8 N (I og ta 36). My heart DROPPED. Then after a moment of utter panic I read where it says "sample score report." I had to laugh at myself for that momentary lapse. I got downright scared.

exact same thing happened to me; i bet that is planned. it's even put in the cover that way so its the first thing you see

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually ran out to the mailbox after I read this to check my "official" scores. I know I checked them online, but having taken the MCAT before during the time before the Internet, I remember waiting by the mailbox for my scores. I almost cried when I opened up the envelope and realized I had finally gotten a score worthy of admission to medical school.

I haven't gotten my score in the mail yet either. I've been waiting for them just for my own peace of mind that my score that is listed online is my actual score.

TPROrgoTutor said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah that sample report scared the **** out of me. Took me a few seconds to realize my name isn't Jane Q. Doe. Why do they put that in? What ****ing ***** doesn't know what the scores mean?

haha good point. i guess thye just used the country's average as the sample. i say just use generics like number1, number2, numnber 3, or A, B, C

Would you rather have your high score hopes dashed after seeing a 43 from Greg Focker in the envelopes or a sigh of relief (hopefully) after seeing something higher than 25 from Jane Doe?

I thought they sent the letter to notify me they gave me someone else's scores and that I actually did worse

j/k... sorta :scared: