Haircut?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trolling joke

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
youngin said:
I just realized that my hair is a bit long and I am concerned about my interview. It's not long as in pony tail or that kind of stuff. Rather it is long in that I usually would be getting a haircut this week since it isn't as clean cut as it would be when I cut it back to an 1in and a half. However, it would be a big inconvenience to get it cut this weekend(many things I have to get done since I'd be gone for most of next week) and I have an interview Tuesday. What do you think as a guy I should do? Definitely get the haircut or let it be.

Gimme a break.

youngin said:
I just realized that my hair is a bit long and I am concerned about my interview. It's not long as in pony tail or that kind of stuff. Rather it is long in that I usually would be getting a haircut this week since it isn't as clean cut as it would be when I cut it back to an 1in and a half. However, it would be a big inconvenience to get it cut this weekend(many things I have to get done since I'd be gone for most of next week) and I have an interview Tuesday. What do you think as a guy I should do? Definitely get the haircut or let it be.

I have to admit, I have the same dilemma.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to your interview and when the interviewer asks if you have any more questions, ask him this one.

Is it neat? If so leave it; if it's scrubby looking and would make you appear even slightly more unkempt than you'd like to be evaluated as, find time to get it cut. Unless you're posting a pic, we can't really fairly evaluated.

Ask your mom. Seriously! Or if you're away at school, find a girl to ask. It's hard to tell without seeing you, because your idea of "a bit long" might be like my dad's (it's touching my ears! OH NOES!) or like my boyfriend's (what, it's a problem if I can't see through my hair?).

get it cut...you have 1 chance to make a first impression, so make it a good one

I got a hair cut the day before my first interview... For the second one, after two months, I went w/o one. I didn't get any haircut during that period, so it was a little longer than what I normally keep.

The barber cut it a bit shorter than I wanted (too much scalp viewable), so I was afraid of the same mishap or a bigger one. I just trimmed my sideburns and I was good to go! :D

kinetic said:
Go to your interview and when the interviewer asks if you have any more questions, ask him this one.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Psycho Doctor said:
Is it neat? If so leave it; if it's scrubby looking and would make you appear even slightly more unkempt than you'd like to be evaluated as, find time to get it cut. Unless you're posting a pic, we can't really fairly evaluated.

I wonder if there is a quote somewhere in the big, black book of the Christian doctrine to support this assertion about haircuts. Otherwise, how do you know right?

youngin said:
If I had to do it, so do you!

I felt so weird looking at myself all preppy and short haired.

youngin said:

I don't mean to sound rude but I just don't get this. You want to go into a field that requires you to make life and death decisions and you can decide whether or not to cut your own dang hair??? :confused:

MedicineBird said:
I don't mean to sound rude but I just don't get this. You want to go into a field that requires you to make life and death decisions and you can decide whether or not to cut your own dang hair??? :confused:

Dang, I didn't expect so many responses. I was just having some fun with you guys, lightening the anxiety everyone is having and just realize that there are little things that we can laugh at. After like most of us, we may not even get interviews despite being fairly qualified, but hey if we get in somewhere it'll all seem pretty insignificant in the long run.

BTW, for those maybe actually interested in a reponse to this since it seems like some are , get a haircut, usually get one a week ahead of my interview if it is "long" as i previously said :laugh: so in case it's too short, it can grow out a little. Sorry if anyone was a little highstrung over my post.