Halls anesthesia questions for ITE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find the halls anesthesia questions to be helpful for ITE?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not. Used truelearn (reading explanations) and faust. Always was 66th to 88th percentile.

Did anyone find the halls anesthesia questions to be helpful for ITE?

I used Hall throughout residency. Did it. Repeat it. Took lots of notes. Did it again until I understood everything. Openanesthesia key words were helpful. Touched Faust for those concepts I needed extra help with. TrueLearn didn't exist back then. Didn't lift a page of baby Miller or Morgan&Mikhail or anything else after CA1. Got 90-99% percentile through my ITEs, and 99% percentile on boards.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Did Hall questions multiple times and read explanations/took notes.

Same with TrueLearn.

Reactions: 1 user
I just found the electronic format of truelearn and the rapid review format of faust to be perfect if your residency program works you hard like mine did. We didnt have a whole lot of study time. Having truelearn right on my phone was priceless.

My best performance was intern year when I got 96th percentile after 8 days of anesthesia and no reading or studying of anything anesthesia. I recall the PD, assistant PD, and a few others being quite butt hurt about it (ret@rded, insecure, @ssholes).

Otherwise 96-99th percentile, top 10% basic, 99th percentile advanced.

Used M5 one year and then Truelearn subsequently. Did read textbooks for cases outside of that as well, but not specifically for exam study.