Hampton Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dempsie5688

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any information on Hampton Pharmacy School, I'm really interested in the program. I live in Alabama so I don't have any resources to find out about the school other than the website. Any info or avice on the school would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you mean Hampton University in VA

ask away...that's where i attend

Well, my question is being that I have been out of school for a while and don't remember much about my pre req classes do the teachers take time with the students, do they ensure that the students are understanding the material, and was the environment inclusive to older students (I'm 32)

Really excited about the school, I have an interview their.
 
let me know when your interview is

i'm actually on the panelist committee on
interviewing and admitting new applicants
 
let me know when your interview is

i'm actually on the panelist committee on
interviewing and admitting new applicants

woooow seriously?! Hampton University 0-6 Pharmacy program is my number 1 choice, and I'm from central Virginia by the way. What does it take to get accepted? Many extracurricular activities required? Average SAT score? I might fail my AP World History final test with a 2 or 3-would that hurt my chances?
 
Telling a member of the admission committee you might fail, not so smart👎

lol well the person doesn't know my name, and it's a history class. i need math and science for the program so i was wondering if subjects like history would hurt my chances...doesn't matter if i tell someone i might fail because in the end, they will see my score(s) anyways. If it makes you feel better, i do study...i just find little point in world history from 10,000-200 years ago when we gots todays probs. oh well..i know it's not up for debate; i"ll just try my best to keep the A that i have in the class now and maybe that will make up for the final test haha.😴
 
lol well the person doesn't know my name, and it's a history class. i need math and science for the program so i was wondering if subjects like history would hurt my chances...doesn't matter if i tell someone i might fail because in the end, they will see my score(s) anyways. If it makes you feel better, i do study...i just find little point in world history from 10,000-200 years ago when we gots todays probs. oh well..i know it's not up for debate; i"ll just try my best to keep the A that i have in the class now and maybe that will make up for the final test haha.😴
if you're a current senior some admissions have already been given out. if you're a junior, good luck
 
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any information on Hampton Pharmacy School, I'm really interested in the program. I live in Alabama so I don't have any resources to find out about the school other than the website. Any info or avice on the school would be greatly appreciated.

heey im a p2 at hampton university!..thers a couple things u can do
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering about probation status of Hampton Pharmacy School. Is their anybody know the reason? If u do please something body. I live in VA and i want to go there b/c is cheap and good.
Thanks
 
I am wondering about probation status of Hampton Pharmacy School. Is their anybody know the reason? If u do please something body. I live in VA and i want to go there b/c it is cheap and good.
Thanks
 
I have an interview at Hampton University next week, any advice?
Hey Pharmphanatic,

You will be interviewed by a panel, everyone is very nice, you will feel comfortable there. There are no curb ball questions, just the usual why Hampton, why pharmacy, etc. make sure you go to interview feedback just to prep for it. They ask several questions I just cant remeber them all. Oh yeah what was your hardest preqeq and why. Who influenced you to choose pharmacy. Hope this helps. Good Luck with the interview
 
Thanks so much for the advice! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to hear back from them after the interview?
 
Hello all. I am farely new to SDN. I went on my interview at Hampton on the 18th of March. I loved the school. I wanted to get some feedback from some other students. Did anyone get a tour? Has anyone gotten accepted and if so how long did it take?
 
Hello all. I am farely new to SDN. I went on my interview at Hampton on the 18th of March. I loved the school. I wanted to get some feedback from some other students. Did anyone get a tour? Has anyone gotten accepted and if so how long did it take?



I interviewed at Hampton recently as well. I loved what I got to see of the school but I didn't get a tour...did you? Everyone was really friendly. They said that they will begin to review applications at the end of the semester and we should hear back no later than the end of May. Until then I guess we just have to wait and hope for the best :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview was on Feb 27th and my acceptance letter was dated March 30th.

Same here, I was there on Feb 27, my interview was scheduled for 10a, what time was yours dillwiyn52 maybe I saw you there. And congrats Just Because on your acceptance
 
Are you guys already finished with your pre-reqs? They told me that they wouldn't make a decision on my file until after the end of this semester cause i'm still finishing up some pre-reqs...I hope that wasn't a bad sign for me...:scared:
 
Are you guys already finished with your pre-reqs? They told me that they wouldn't make a decision on my file until after the end of this semester cause i'm still finishing up some pre-reqs...I hope that wasn't a bad sign for me...:scared:

No, that's not a bad sign. In fact, Hampton is still conducting interviews, they are making the bulk of their class decisions late May and early June. Good Luck!!!
 
Same here, I was there on Feb 27, my interview was scheduled for 10a, what time was yours dillwiyn52 maybe I saw you there. And congrats Just Because on your acceptance

I interviewed at 3pm. I think I was one of the last to go on that day. Thanks dempsie, same to you.
 
Hey dillwyn52 if you dont mind me asking, what was yr gpa?...i was interviewed around that time but havent heard back from them yet!
 
There is no information about hampton on the pharmcas school page. what was everyones gpa /pcat that got accepted to this school? this school is my top 5 choices because i'm trying to stay on the east coast.
 
Hampton doesn't use pharmcas. They use paper applications. I was recently accepted with a 3.4 GPA and 65 composite PCAT. However, my biology score was 75th percentile and chemistry was 80th percentile. I'm not sure what sections they look at the most. Hope that helps!

Also, I have a question for anyone who knows. Is Hampton still on probation? I am trying to decide between Hampton and another school I was accepted to and I don't know what i'm going to do. I don't have a lot of time to decide. I would really appreciate advice from anyone who will over it.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hampton doesn't use pharmcas. They use paper applications. I was recently accepted with a 3.4 GPA and 65 composite PCAT. However, my biology score was 75th percentile and chemistry was 80th percentile. I'm not sure what sections they look at the most. Hope that helps!

Also, I have a question for anyone who knows. Is Hampton still on probation? I am trying to decide between Hampton and another school I was accepted to and I don't know what i'm going to do. I don't have a lot of time to decide. I would really appreciate advice from anyone who will over it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Pharmphnatic,

I think everything will be fine, I know that they have hired more teachers and that was the main issue and I think they are about to come to a settlement with with ACPE in regards to the probation status.
 
I was accepted into Hampton School of Pharmacy about a month ago and last week I was accepted into Xavier. Of course Hampton is my first choice but whats up with that probation status? I dont want to default to Xavier just because Im not sure if Hampton will have their accredidation renewed? any advice?
 
If they have yet to become compliant with the terms of their probation, I would go elsewhere. After all, they have had a significant amount of time to hire the staff they need. That says alot about how they operate. They seem to do things last minute. From what I've heard several people haven't even heard if they've been accepted or rejected to the university.

Not good!
 
I think it varies based on when you were accepted into the university. I received my later March 30th and I had to give them an answer by April 15th. I hope that answers your question.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted a month ago... and I talked to the dean and he told me they hired 7 professor 's and they are hiring three more before they meet with the ACPE! you guys look for apartments yet?... anyone from MI?
 
For "Just Because"

Thats really good news 😀...I ve sent my deposit and I am doing all of the preliminary paperwork for 2 other schools just in case Hampton doesnt come thru...and boy is it a lot of work..But of course Hampton is my top choice and I just wanna be there ALREADY!!!. Ive started looking via craigslist and apartmentguide.com...It looks like the cost of living is very reasonanble, especially if you have roommates.