Hand Written or typed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ausmil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, and have had some people ask me, is it best when a school sends a secondary in a word document to type in the information, or to print and hand write it? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The formatting they use is SO weird. I added a typed addenum on very high quality paper to my application where I put my essays and extra stuff. Name, s.s.#, address I just wrote out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Type...Pull out an old fashioned type writer if you have it...it is much more professional.

Type....besides being more professional it is just easier to read and if you have handwriting like me then people would instantly think you are a 3rd grader filling the application out anyway.

If you already have the physician's handwriting, then definately type.

If your handwriting is neat and legible and within reason (no pink color ink, magenta ink, etc) - adcoms won't care if you type or handwrite.

The rule of thumb is - if you were to show your secondary to a complete stranger, would that person have ANY difficulty reading what you wrote?