Happy Dance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamLover

Bored Certified
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys can't see me right now...but if you could...you would see me doing the Step 2CK happy dance (thank goodness no one is really here watching me do this)...I think I finished that sucker in world record time today....a nice feeling!!!

:hardy: now it's time to party :hardy:

or really...now I can get focused on this residency interview stuff :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

congrats ;)

I got my score last week, and I cannot possibly tell you how nice 4th year has become...

congrats ;)

I got my score last week, and I cannot possibly tell you how nice 4th year has become...

ahhhhhhhhhh, 4th year of med school.....that was 1991-1992 for me.....livin' large in Miami, working weekends at Penrods (1 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach).....going to The Clevelander after work....

there were so many beautiful women on Miami Beach that desensitization sets in......kinda happens when you, while sitting at the bar at the Clevelander, you routinely lean over to your buddy and comment on the fact that the current Victoria's Secret magazine ain't got s h it on the women within spitting distance of us right-here-right-now.....no exaggeration. Just the facts. And sorry for the chauvanistic tone....but I'll never forget the plethora of premium flesh that abounds Miami Beach. And that goes for whatever floats your boat....men, women, straight, gay, black, white, latino. Definitely an eclectic melting pot of human beings.

those were the days.....

enjoy your 4th year, future colleagues.

It's one of the most carefree years of your life. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

Ah yes, 4th year. I'm living and loving it now. Today I go in at 9, watch them read plain films until 9:30, and I'll be home by 9:45.

Radiholiday is awesome!

What to do with myself on a Friday in New Orleans....

oh...no doubt....4th year is great...not the stress of constantly caring about your evals or studying for shelfs (or worried about what even the intern on your team thinks even though at my school the interns never eval'd us but as a 3rd year ...you know...you're scared about everything) and no real patient responsbilities/liabilities like what's ahead for us next year...

just a nice quiet year sandwiched in between 2 semi-icky years...I've been telling my friends that live in the real world (thus haven't been in school for the last million year and have a real job) that I'm dying to graduate but am sad that this year has to end...and they think I'm nuts because I have detested school for so long....but what they really just don't understand is that although being an intern is inevitable...it's just another year of hard hard work and being low low on the totem pole

long live the carefree months of 4th year!!!

do you guys ever sometimes wish that you weren't going to be a resident/intern though? this year more than ever I find myself wishing I'd have gone directly into my fantasy career... which has nothing to do with medicine... :(

do you guys ever sometimes wish that you weren't going to be a resident/intern though? this year more than ever I find myself wishing I'd have gone directly into my fantasy career... which has nothing to do with medicine... :(

I just decided that if I ever find myself hating it or worrying about it...I'll just remind myself that at least I don't have 4 years of med school still staring me in the face and if the next 4 years go by as quick as the last 4 then I'll be right where I want to be in no time...as will we all

Intern year is gonna suck, no question, but it's all gravy from then on. I mean, we'll be residents, but we'll be resident anesthesiologists. After intern year, life will once again be beautiful.

Ah yes, 4th year. I'm living and loving it now. Today I go in at 9, watch them read plain films until 9:30, and I'll be home by 9:45.

Radiholiday is awesome!

What to do with myself on a Friday in New Orleans....

I feel your pain. Today I show up at 10:45, doc shows up at 11:00. At 11:45 he tells me he has a meeting at noon. Then proceeds with, "So, how about you meet me at 1:00 on Monday."

If only I could make a living doing this!!

not fair. dont try and talk me into moving to miami. im a DO and didnt do an AOA approved internship. maybe ill just visit.

ahhhhhhhhhh, 4th year of med school.....that was 1991-1992 for me.....livin' large in Miami, working weekends at Penrods (1 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach).....going to The Clevelander after work....

there were so many beautiful women on Miami Beach that desensitization sets in......kinda happens when you, while sitting at the bar at the Clevelander, you routinely lean over to your buddy and comment on the fact that the current Victoria's Secret magazine ain't got s h it on the women within spitting distance of us right-here-right-now.....no exaggeration. Just the facts. And sorry for the chauvanistic tone....but I'll never forget the plethora of premium flesh that abounds Miami Beach. And that goes for whatever floats your boat....men, women, straight, gay, black, white, latino. Definitely an eclectic melting pot of human beings.

those were the days.....

Intern year is gonna suck, no question, but it's all gravy from then on. I mean, we'll be residents, but we'll be resident anesthesiologists. After intern year, life will once again be beautiful.

I was looking through old posts and I can't believe that it's here! Finally...intern year coming to an end and we are finally going to be anesthesiology residents!

It's pretty funny to read through some of these old posts!