Happy Doctors Day: There's Pizza in the Break Room

Started by drusso
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meeting #1: here is the budget. we need you to meet your RVU targets
meeting #2: we understand physician burnout. try not to work so hard.
 
I surprised it's still called national "doctors" day. Shouldn't it be national providers' day. We need to be be lumped in with the PAs, NPs etc. We are all deliverers of heatlhcare. No one should be made to feel superior or inferior
 
Unfortunately, most do not know the history behind doctor’s day.

Doctors’ Day has a special connection to anesthesiology, as it first honored the efforts of Crawford W. Long, M.D.

On March 30, 1842, Dr. Long administered the first ether anesthetic for surgery and operated to remove a tumor from a patient’s neck. After the surgery, the patient revealed that he felt nothing and was not aware the surgery was over until he awoke. Doctors’ Day celebrates Dr. Long’s historic achievement, as well as the continued efforts of all physicians to alleviate human suffering and improve patient safety.
 
I surprised it's still called national "doctors" day. Shouldn't it be national providers' day. We need to be be lumped in with the PAs, NPs etc. We are all deliverers of heatlhcare. No one should be made to feel superior or inferior
I’m not a provider.

That is offensive.

I’m a caregiver
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i literally got nothing. not even an email. i told my wife and she said "every day is doctor's day in your world"

WTF?
 
I used the $100 I won from a recent Glock competition and used it to buy my staff lunch.
You are able to buy lunch for your staff for a hundred dollars? The other day I let my staff place an order for Thai food and it came out to 150 dollars for 4 people!!! I couldn't beleive it. They all ordered the most expensive **** on the menu. I was pissed
 
Last edited:
You are able to buy lunch for your staff for a hundred dollars? The other day I let my staff place an order for Thai food and it came out to 150 dollars for 4 people!!! I couldn't beleave it. They all ordered the most expensive **** on the menu. I was pissed

Moral of the story is not to let the staff order.

Just get a party platter from Qdoba or similar
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't talk about Wawa like that. Their subs are better than 99% of sub shops.
And they used to be a convenience store and dairy. No gas station.

Wawa has cult status in NJ/PA/DE
Lol..yeah I’m sure I would offend many by calling it a gas station. I’ve been eating from there for years because it’s unavoidable unfortunately. I’m still a subway guy…
 
we got a nice email from our CEO and a link to obtain a free fleece jacket.

I probably eat at Wawa at once a week - the buffalo chicken wraps are pretty solid
 
Bought myself a new (old) watch
 

Attachments

  • 20260330_185431.jpg
    20260330_185431.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 98
It's heartening to know that when all the c-suite execs got together at one of their meetings with their lattes, they decided to throw some scraps our way, before they moved on to their executive business /s
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, a neck warmer. Perfect spring gift during record-setting warm temps. Nice coffee mug like a Yeti? Or just an actual novelty mug? If so probably comes direct from China with lead paint too…
Yeah cheap mug, I’ll look for the China logo. You’re probably right