Happy Doctors Day: There's Pizza in the Break Room

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
We got stale eggs and greasy bacon

Don’t worry I am sure that thank you pizza will probably be added to your personal overhead.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i got a kick in the nuts (symbolically at least)

i got a kick in the nuts (symbolically at least)
And then that kick in the nuts will not be covered and you’ll have to pay a facility fee on top of it.

They probably charged the delivery guy an 800$ facility fee

• Love
meeting #1: here is the budget. we need you to meet your RVU targets
meeting #2: we understand physician burnout. try not to work so hard.

I surprised it's still called national "doctors" day. Shouldn't it be national providers' day. We need to be be lumped in with the PAs, NPs etc. We are all deliverers of heatlhcare. No one should be made to feel superior or inferior

I surprised it's still called national "doctors" day. Shouldn't it be national providers' day. We need to be be lumped in with the PAs, NPs etc. We are all deliverers of heatlhcare. No one should be made to feel superior or inferior
They all get separate weeks....

Ugh it’s Papa John’s and the only soda is diet…

Unfortunately, most do not know the history behind doctor’s day.

Doctors’ Day has a special connection to anesthesiology, as it first honored the efforts of Crawford W. Long, M.D.

On March 30, 1842, Dr. Long administered the first ether anesthetic for surgery and operated to remove a tumor from a patient’s neck. After the surgery, the patient revealed that he felt nothing and was not aware the surgery was over until he awoke. Doctors’ Day celebrates Dr. Long’s historic achievement, as well as the continued efforts of all physicians to alleviate human suffering and improve patient safety.

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not a provider.

That is offensive.

I’m a caregiver

meeting #1: here is the budget. we need you to meet your RVU targets
meeting #2: we understand physician burnout. try not to work so hard.
thoughts and prayers mate

I got an $80 bottle of red wine

We got bagels. My office staff ate them before I was aware we had them.

i literally got nothing. not even an email. i told my wife and she said "every day is doctor's day in your world"

WTF?

I used the $100 I won from a recent Glock competition and used it to buy my staff lunch.

i literally got nothing. not even an email. i told my wife and she said "every day is doctor's day in your world"

WTF?
I always got a rise out of my nurse by frequently stating that while there is only one doctors day every other day is nurses day.

I used the $100 I won from a recent Glock competition and used it to buy my staff lunch.
You are able to buy lunch for your staff for a hundred dollars? The other day I let my staff place an order for Thai food and it came out to 150 dollars for 4 people!!! I couldn't beleive it. They all ordered the most expensive **** on the menu. I was pissed

Last edited:
  • Haha
A lot of times they will order two entrees and an app each. Gotta watch them.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You are able to buy lunch for your staff for a hundred dollars? The other day I let my staff place an order for Thai food and it came out to 150 dollars for 4 people!!! I couldn't beleave it. They all ordered the most expensive **** on the menu. I was pissed

Moral of the story is not to let the staff order.

Just get a party platter from Qdoba or similar

The Saluda rep has the best system. She calls and asks for a head count, then say that is 10, then she gets 5 lunch beef fajita platters and 5 chicken. So she is out less than $100 and there is no “that isn’t what I ordered” nonsense. She is ordering it from a family owned small place so it’s cheap.

Reactions: 3 users