Happy Festivus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisNeuro

Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy Festivus everyone! Especially to those of you who live far away from most family and may be celebrating the holidays away from them. Now, who's ready for the airing of grievances?

Note: This tangentially relates to psych related issues seeing as how many of us have moved extensively in a sort of academic/clinical diaspora.

Members don't see this ad.

I find tinsel distracting...

Many Christmases ago I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

The thing I look forward to most about the holidays is the 25th. It is because as of that day, I only have to endure one more day of terrible holiday music. I once worked retail, so I have a legitimate reason to despise the music.

It's Festivus… for the rest of us!

Reactions: 1 user
Happy, happy festivus! So I did some awesome online shopping for my sweet husband and everything will arrive on Dec. 26th. So I will brave the stores tomorrow w/ my four young children to (secretly) pick something out for him. Yikes! They (my kids and other shoppers...but mostly other shoppers b/c I can't blame my kids for waiting everything & anything beautifully displayed) will drive me nuts and I will wind down with a bottle of wine & my laptop tomorrow looking for news from my last two prospective internship sites.

I hate being a ba-hum-bug but come on, Amazon...what happened?! I have enough to worry about.

The thing I look forward to most about the holidays is the 25th. It is because as of that day, I only have to endure one more day of terrible holiday music. I once worked retail, so I have a legitimate reason to despise the music.

Retail is evil. I'm working there until I start my program in August 2014. I hate the music already.

I feel like working retail should almost be some sort of rite of passage into full adulthood. Sort of like those folks who wear gloves riddled with near-deadly fire ants over and over again.

I agree. It definitely shows you how to treat other people and respect others property if anything.

Many Christmases ago I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

40075.strip.sunday.gif

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1989-07-09/

Edit: also, Cara Susanna, that ordeal was God's way of telling you not to buy your son a girl's gift.

:happy:

Last edited: