• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

speter33

S.D.N.'s Captain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
Is that a tradition or something?

DrJeff

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2000
Brooklyn, ct
Status
Dentist
True story I read in the paper today that put a huge smile on my face. The lead in of the atricle was a 1/2 page picture of a pint of Guiness in all its foamy head glory:love: :D :clap: Needless to say i was immediately drawn to the article!

It turns out that inspite of what one might think, that Guiness actually has Less Calories(140ish) and Less Carbs(about 13gm) than Budweiser or Heineken:wow: It also has the same alcohol content (4.2%) as a Coors Light, and due to all the flavins that are present in the brew a great anti-oxidant property and a baby aspirin like anti-coagulant property:wow:

Plus, the other really cool Guiness fact(and I "tested" this out tonight 3 pints over:hardy: )is that due to the nitrogen gas that helps give that famous creamy head, as good portion of the bubble flow down instead of up! Like I said to enure that my own "experiement " of this had a high enough n value I tested it 3 times:love:

Guiness as a health food, I love it!!

About the Ads