Happy UGADI!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ek_dds

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Ugadi!
Especially to the andhra friends out here.

Andariki 'Thaarana' naama noothana samvasthsara subhaakankshalu!

Hope this year brings in a lot of happiness and prosperity to one and all!

(PS:Ugadi is the first day on the Telugu new year calender,every year is given a new name and this year happens to be 'Thaarana')

Wishing one and all lots of happiness!
Ek

Members don't see this ad.

Happy Ugadi to all!

Applies to kannada people, too...... :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Ugadhi

Happy ugadi!!!

I really miss college :( the holiday was SO welcome.. and this was one day when the mess food was great! :p

Hi friends,

HAPPY UGADI.
Nootana samvatsara shubha kankshalu.

Happy Ugadi everyone :) .

Happy Ugadi guys & gals!!! wishing you a very happy and a prosperous new year.

Sam getting to know a lot of India culture huh? Thanks you for the wishes.

pallavi

Happy Ugadi Guys.May everyone succeed in their endeavours.

hi,
happy ugadi to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everybody,

Wish You All A Very Happy Ugadhi And A Prosperous New Year !:thumbup:

happy ugadi to all..........Andariki 'Thaarana' naama noothana samvasthsara subhaakankshalu!

ToTaLLy_TaSha
and this was one day when the mess food was great!
Henna
I miss indian food
with so much of nostalgia in air.......i ... thought......i will eat indian food for all of u........well i had "puliogure for lunch...........my telgu friends call it pulihora",.............mangalore houses are well decorated with the mango leaves..............its good......but no holiday for us...............
anyways .......happy new year to all......

Originally posted by meetlife
with so much of nostalgia in air.......i ... thought......i will eat indian food for all of u........well i had "puliogure for lunch...........

:laugh: Thanks ! That's one of my fav's.

sure i had good time eating for u all........i hope u guys enjoyed.....
happy ugadi..........................may god bless u........

hapy ugadi to all of u.
have fun meetlife. btw isnt the mangalore new yr in april? one of the few holidays we used to get in our college:D

happy ugadi everyone! :)

:sleep: at 6 in the morning alarm started ringing ,and a voice heard saying wake up all,take shower,get ready ..........
the high pitch was continued by the devotional songs ............

wondering whats happening..........got ready and came down to see all the girls in vibrant sarees ,guys in sherwanis and kids playing..............

everything looked so awesome that.............

one side guys enjoying comedy scenes in a program ,cracking jokes,taking care of kids ,and on the other side girls took over the kitchen ,making a variety of dishes .

to name a few ......................
the most important ugadi pachadi [a juice with six ingredients[shadruchi] representing different moods of life], vada [lentil patties],puliogrey[mango rice], mango chutney ,bhakshalu [lentil & jaggery tacos]
etc..................

even before realising the whole scene ..........

girls calling over men to give them a hand with not so cooperative mixie , ordering them to tie mango leaves to the arch of door which is considered auspiscious...........

after all the hulla gulla .............
made a big round table ,savored the delicacies ,while holding stomach for the jokes cracking like popcorns from everyone..........

huhhhhhhhhhhhh..........THIS IS NOT A DREAM...........

THIS IS HOW WE CELEBRATED UGADI :hardy:

HAPPY UGADI TO ALL.:thumbup:

Originally posted by doc_redd
:sleep: at 6 in the morning alarm started ringing ,and a voice heard saying wake up all,take shower,get ready ..........
the high pitch was continued by the devotional songs ............

wondering whats happening..........got ready and came down to see all the girls in vibrant sarees ,guys in sherwanis and kids playing..............

everything looked so awesome that.............

one side guys enjoying comedy scenes in a program ,cracking jokes,taking care of kids ,and on the other side girls took over the kitchen ,making a variety of dishes .

to name a few ......................
the most important ugadi pachadi [a juice with nine ingredients representing different moods of life], vada [lentil patties],puliogrey[mango rice], mango chutney ,bhakshalu [lentil & jaggery tacos]
etc..................

even before realising the whole scene ..........

girls calling over men to give them a hand with not so cooperative mixie , ordering them to tie mango leaves to the arch of door which is considered auspiscious...........

after all the hulla gulla .............
made a big round table ,savored the delicacies ,while holding stomach for the jokes cracking like popcorns from everyone..........

huhhhhhhhhhhhh..........THIS IS NOT A DREAM...........

THIS IS HOW WE CELEBRATED UGADI :hardy:

HAPPY UGADI TO ALL.:thumbup:

Are u living in us!...lucky u!:wow:

Happy Ugadi to all of you folks:)
Hey d_redd that was a nice description buddy...have fun:clap: :clap:

Happy Ugadi to all you folks!!:)

Happy Ugadi to all....

HAPPY UGADI n HAPPY NEW YEAR to All:)
hey doc_red.....I guess our Ugadi pachadi is of Shadruchis(6);)...but a very good description buddy.....:clap:

Hi wiztooth,
i am sorry for turning the number upside down :p ..........

thanks for correcting me :)