Happy with my DAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NickMSU

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for everyone for all their input on this site. I took the DAT 3 times and am finally happy with my score and believe i will get accepted now. I could not have scored well without all of you. I studied Schaums for bio, Kaplan for cem's, Achiever for PAT and QR, and Topscore for the everything else.

Topscore average
AA 17
bio 17
cem 16
ocem 17
read 20
QR 18
PAT 20

AChiever AVG
AA 17
bio 15
cem 15
ocem 16
read 18
QR 18
PAT 17

ACTUAL DAT (19,19,19) :love:
AA 19 :)
bio 20
cem 19
ocem 18 Michigan State 3.45 science GPA 3.37
read 18
QR 19
PAT 19 :)

If anyone has any questions on how to score well, feel free to ask anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats NickMSU! If I remember correctly those are the scores you were shooting for.

RockstarDMD said:
Was there a lot of trig in QR?

Yes, i was shooting for at least a 17 in each category. That is what i believe is the minumum score needed at most schools now of days.

For QR there was like 1 or 2 questions about trig. Most of the questions involved critical thinking and manipulating numbers and knowing which math operations to perform first. Achiever was a great study aid for QR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go for toughing it out through 3 DATs! I'm impressed! It'll be so worth it to get that acceptance letter!!!

aggie.teacher said:
Way to go for toughing it out through 3 DATs! I'm impressed! It'll be so worth it to get that acceptance letter!!!

Ya it sucked to study for the DAT all of those times. i went 16 , 18, 19 for all of my AA DAT tries. It just took me a little time to figure out how to study correctly. STUDY WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW!!! sounds ez, but alot of times ppl review what they already know. Also this site helped me out a ton!!!!

Nick---Congrats on your scores!!! I take my DAT on Wed...what should I expect from the SNS section? I am a Bio major, but given that the material is so random, I am pretty nervous... help me out!

GPA: 4.00

Hoping for early admission to U of MN...fingers crossed for Wednesday!

Toothfairy08 said:
Nick---Congrats on your scores!!! I take my DAT on Wed...what should I expect from the SNS section? I am a Bio major, but given that the material is so random, I am pretty nervous... help me out!

GPA: 4.00

Hoping for early admission to U of MN...fingers crossed for Wednesday!

Thanks. well if you know all the bio material, then there is nothing they can ask you that you wouldn't be able to answer. Try not to be nervous. Do whatever it is that relaxes you. Gl to you!!!

Good Job!

I have been practing RC section using Topscore and am wondering if
Reading comprehension section of Topscore has same format as real DAT.
Were you able to scroll passages up and down for each question as Topscore RC?

congrats,

I was wondering how QR was, how much time u spent on it, and wat u used for it?

Have a good day