HappyHappyJoyJoy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanon

An urban myth.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last semester I fell into an awful, pessimistic funk. I've been at a community college for almost five years, full time, and it's been hell. I was taking 16 units, the hardest being Ochem 2 and Bio 1. Ochem was like any other chem class I took there - excrutiatingly difficult, with an attrition rate that made even the best students a little weak in the knees. The bio class was poorly organized, based off of the UC Berkeley system but without the resources to back it up.

At the same time I was applying to three UC's for undergrad work - UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz and UC Berkeley. I got into Davis and Santa Cruz on a conditional basis through a program in my school. Well, this week I got my official acceptance letters from both schools. I hear from Berkeley in two months. In any case, I just found out that my current GPA from comm college (3.1) will be erased, and I will begin in the UC system with a GPA of 0.0. I know med schools will look at my comm college records, but this gives me a chance to graduate with honors from a UC, which can't hurt. I am fairly confident that I can do really well in my upper division work, because I'm really, really excited about it. So that's my first HappyJoy.

My second HappyJoy has to do with a tutor of mine who was in the Chem class ahead of me. She already has a degree, and was just at the comm college to take her pre-med work. She got decent grades, and did pretty well on her MCATS. She is my age, and one of the coolest people I know. Anyway, she just got accepted into EVERY SCHOOL SHE APPLIED TO!!!! Including UCSF. I just talked to her today. She's definitely going to UCSF. She told me that UCSF KNOWS how hard the chem department is at City College of San Francisco (where I am now), and they take it into concideration. I did really well in ochem, so hope and joy abounds around here.

I just thought I'd spread some around.

Nanon

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations, Nanon!! That's great news, for you and your friend.
biggrin.gif

Congratualtions.
That must make your good mark in Org Chem look even better!
way to go
\I will be starting it in the fall......
Congrats to your friend too!