Harcourt Practice PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there was a similar post in the past but I can't seem to find it.

I just took the Harcourt Practice PCAT and I was wondering for those of you who took both the Harcourt practice and the real pcat how much did you score on both. For instance, for the biology section I got 20 out of 25 correct which is about an 80%. It states that my approximate percentile is 76-99. So, my question is, around what percentile would it be on the actual pcat?

Also, I did poorly on the verbal subtest which drops my composition immensely. With only 10 days left:scared:, what is the best way to improve in the verbal section? All feedback appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Cali Rx
=====>> Took June 2007 PCAT and Harcourt practice test 1

The practice exam that Harcourt has is designed to give you an idea of the types of questions they will put on the actual PCAT. The percentile rank generated by the practice test are not very helpful ..... as you quoted (76-99)?

Also, it is difficult to compare the score you obtained on the practice test with the actual PCAT examination due to the difference in length and invigilation.

Hope this helped .... :)

I just took the practice test too, and if it is truly indicative of the actual PCAT, I feel a whole lot better now. I was expecting many, many more calculations on the chemistry section, and a lot more calculus in the math section.

But just in case it's not, I'm going to get back to studying. ;)

Best of luck everybody... 9 days to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Harcourt provides a wide range for a good reason. The increased length of the test, the testing conditions, and the less generic questions found on the real PCAT can really affect the results. If you scored in the 76-99 range for most sections with few questions missed (3-5 and under), then you should feel a little confident but not overconfident. You could always be at the borderline.

When you say there are less generic questions on the actual PCAT, do you mean they will probably be more difficult?