Hard decision advice please.....need help~!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental 2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put deposit which was $1500 on NYU, and I got accepted to Boston University(deadline for deposit is Jan 26th--> so I have more time to think about it). I just put deposit on NYU since the deadline is Jan 15th and because I needed more time to think about NYU and Boston.
I know that both schools are good but I am just wondering what would you guys do if you are in my case. Are you gonna choose NYU over BU or Bu over NYU?? also could you give some reasons too??

I already made a hard decision, I picked NYU out of three schools (NOVA, MIDWESTERN, WESTERN) that I got accepted.

Please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

Decide what's most important. Money? (tuition and cost of living). Or the area. Either will be closer to family (and if that's even a plus). I haven't been to either school, but is one more updated, or high tech than the other? Check out the size of class, is that important? Look into those items and do a search on SDN for those schools to see what people have said about it. Also, look in the other dentist forum, to see what has been said about those schools in there.

i would choose BU...i liked it way better there...ur only giving up 1500 which trust me is really nothing...in the end ull probably save more money too...but i got accepted to NYU and hated it personally...way too crowded for my taste and the lifestyle there is hectic...im choosing Boston.. Become a Bostonian, trust me ull thank me for it =)

Members don't see this ad :)
In that case, I'd be more than happy to take a $1500 check from you. :p

i would choose BU...i liked it way better there...ur only giving up 1500 which trust me is really nothing...in the end ull probably save more money too...but i got accepted to NYU and hated it personally...way too crowded for my taste and the lifestyle there is hectic...im choosing Boston.. Become a Bostonian, trust me ull thank me for it =)

im on the west coast and don't really want to move to east so didn't consider those schools myself but like others have already said which city do you feel more comfortable in? how are the tuition for the two schools? etc.
and if you don't think you can decide before jan 26th, i would say just make the deposit to BU. you just have to notify one of the schools you won't be attending before may 1.
i already deposited to one school but heard back from another i was seriously considering so i will definitely be putting down a deposit for that. i'll also be losing about $1000 from the process but i think it's worth it to have 3 more months to think.