hard to keep up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathslides

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel it is hard to keep up with their case load and working a lot of hours in their job? Got any good tips to increase efficiency? Man, I can't imagine what the case load must be like at places such as ameripath or dermpath diagnostics.

Members don't see this ad.

Hope you have a stand up desk. It is extremely dangerous pushing glass all day. Some of us have learned that the hard way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else feel it is hard to keep up with their case load and working a lot of hours in their job? Got any good tips to increase efficiency? Man, I can't imagine what the case load must be like at places such as ameripath or dermpath diagnostics.

For me it depends on the day/week, since business is somewhat variable in private practice here. I would say 95% of the time I go home with a clean slate other than cases pending specials/immunos. This past week has been especially heavy, and I've had to leave several cases each night that require synoptics or I needed to read more about. You need to sort of triage cases so that important ones get out fast and less important ones sit until later. But if you're chronically falling behind, you probably need to talk to the higher ups about what you can legitimately handle. You definitely shouldn't be rushing through cases, as both the patients and your career could suffer.

What sort of case load are you talking about? How many slides-per-day, or cases-per-day has you feeling like this?