"Hard" versions of the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read some of the threads here and noticed that someone said something to the effect of, "Once I took a look at the first passage in the PS section, I knew I had received one of the hard versions." So for each April and August test, there is a "hard" and "easy" version of the test which are randomly distributed to the test-takers? Is there any truth to this? Or was the post that I read completely bogus. It would really unfair if there was a version of the test that was substantially harder than other tests which people are also taking on the same administration date. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Berkeley '05

Members don't see this ad.

The form is F-K(?) I am worried about this, as well. Here's to hoping we don't get it.

Best,
Captjack

Don't believe that crap and stay confident. You're going to psyche yourself out on the day of the test if you think you got a "hard" version.

Remember, you're only scored against others who got the "hard" version. Just stay relaxed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
I read some of the threads here and noticed that someone said something to the effect of, "Once I took a look at the first passage in the PS section, I knew I had received one of the hard versions." So for each April and August test, there is a "hard" and "easy" version of the test which are randomly distributed to the test-takers? Is there any truth to this? Or was the post that I read completely bogus. It would really unfair if there was a version of the test that was substantially harder than other tests which people are also taking on the same administration date. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Berkeley '05
HAHA BerkPre...First of all, I don't think different versions are randomly distributed to test takers. They are strategically distributed...:D (j/k I don't really know how the different versions are distributed) And regardless, everything is scored on a curve based off of what version of the exam recieved, so stop sweating it and just continue with your thugged out ways. ;)

for my administration, the form you got depended on where you were seated. so having a lucky seat selection that particular day might be the difference between a 30 and a 40, given how the form plays to your strengths or weaknesses. ;) makes you realize how much of a crapshoot it really is, huh?