Hardcore Colombians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halitosis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would gladly burn, pillage, and kill for a spot in Columbia's entering class 2005. i've given up all worldly pleasures, including carnal pleasures, just to get good numbers for Columbia. if YOU think your obssession for CU can challenge mine, or you've never gotten laid b/c all you do is study for CU like me, let's help each other get in. current Colombians and newly accepted Colombians, please help me out....cause only you can feel the pain I feel from the deprivation of carnal pleasures.

to show how serious i am, i'll start off....

1) what kind of courseload will CU deem low?
2) does courseload matter much to CU?
3) do CU interviews drill the interviewees?
4) will CU overlook a mediocre interview if applicant's DAT is high?
5) any comments on lvl of difficulty of CU's biomed curriculum vs. a 2nd tier state school's biomed curriculum's lvl of difficulty?
6) any Colombians willing to flash some stats? please....

stuff i know....

1) i called Dr. McManus during spring break, he said the accepted bunch for 2004 had AA of 21.

like i said, if you're serious about CU, let's help each other out!
thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

halitosis said:
i would gladly burn, pillage, and kill for a spot in Columbia's entering class 2005. i've given up all worldly pleasures, including carnal pleasures, just to get good numbers for Columbia. if YOU think your obssession for CU can challenge mine, or you've never gotten laid b/c all you do is study for CU like me, let's help each other get in.

HHAHA.......this is sad....seems like you would step over your own mother's dead body for a spot at Columbia, eh? Remember, you can still get laid and get into Columbia...I like how you've wasted your life....May I ask why you are so deadset on Columbia? Do you even know anything about the school or are you following the name? I can probably answer this question myself based on your following quote:

halitosis said:
5) any comments on lvl of difficulty of CU's biomed curriculum vs. a 2nd tier state school's biomed curriculum's lvl of difficulty?

yeah, it IS sad. and you can help make the situation happy by helping me, just like you swore to the temple adcom that you'll help ppl in need. yeah, i've done my research about the school. i'm still reading that long argument you have w/ all those colombians about specializing.....but my eyes are not good....taking me a long time.

yeah, so, why i'm hellbent on cu? the name is a big part of it, i admit. before you laugh at me, ask yourself: if chasing after the name is so lame, why don't you go to puerto rico d-school? good education, still come out to be a skilled, respected dentist. so, i'm doing it for the challenge.

about getting laid....i guess it's pretty easy for you. i'm ugly, ok, so the chance of me getting play is not worth the effort.

if you know some stuff about cu, can you please share?

Members don't see this ad :)
Halitosis said:
i would gladly burn, pillage, and kill for a spot in Columbia's entering class 2005. i've given up all worldly pleasures, including carnal pleasures, just to get good numbers for Columbia. if YOU think your obssession for CU can challenge mine, or you've never gotten laid b/c all you do is study for CU like me, let's help each other get in. current Colombians and newly accepted Colombians, please help me out....cause only you can feel the pain I feel from the deprivation of carnal pleasures.

stuff i know....

1) i called Dr. McManus during spring break, he said the accepted bunch for 2004 had AA of 21.

thank you!

3) My interview was awesome, I think we just laughed the whole time. Very enjoyable.

4)Yes i know CU places alot of weight on DAT scores. For example if you had like a 3.2 GPA and a 22 DAT you got a great chance of gettin in.

5) My understanding is that their biomed program is extremely diff, prob one of the most diff ones.

6) around 3.5 GPA 22/19DAT

Halitosis said:
if chasing after the name is so lame, why don't you go to puerto rico d-school? good education, still come out to be a skilled, respected dentist. so, i'm doing it for the challenge.

Because I dont speak spanish.....if I did speak spanish, yes I would consider it.......Wow Freddy, lemme say that Im SOOOOOO jealous that I wont have classmates like Halitosis

Halitosis said:

stuff i know....

thank you!

Unfortunately you sound like a person who wants something he has no idea about. or a premed ( :D I just couldn't resist here)
I don't there is anything magical about the school but it's a good place to be. Wor hard, (do get laid :D ), have a good social life, shadow a dentist +solid GPA and DAT you'll be there
you can find my stats on the stats thread but i did work my ass off and it paid of
GPA 3.6 and 22 DAT. and i hear than any dental/ medschool's first 2 years is heavy, Columbia is no exception.
Good luck

good post Balki......

Hey Freddy, are you the same Freedy on Bens Bargains?

Halitosis said:

stuff i know....

thank you!

Halitosis, not to sound like an anal prick but it is COLUMBIAN not COLOMBIAN. COLOMBIANs are people from the south American country Colombia. Columbia refers to America or "Christopher Columbus'" country or intended...

Going back to the main point man, that's determination. I don't know whether you are trying to mock wanting to get into Columbia or really wanting to go there. Giving up sex to study that is messed up. YOu are crazy!!!!! Sex is like eating and working out, they are necessities sometimes more important than studying. Now to answer a few of your questions:

1) what kind of courseload will CU deem low? I don't think they care as long as you got the prereqs. I got accepted and took tons of bird courses...but I also took hard courses.

2) does courseload matter much to CU? No. Good marks and DAT do.

3) do CU interviews drill the interviewees? Nope, my interviewer just told me to consider going to Columbia but make sure it is the right school for me.

Yes. Over 20.

5) any comments on lvl of difficulty of CU's biomed curriculum vs. a 2nd tier state school's biomed curriculum's lvl of difficulty? I hear it's pretty hard. Talk to the students who have been through or are in the program right now i.e. Stargirl, Griffin or Doggie.

6) any Columbians willing to flash some stats? please....
3.82 GPA, 22 AA (Canadian DAT)

Now if you say you study as much as you do and still have "mediocre" stats, may be Columbia isn't for you because you should be able to do pretty well in your academic studies. Doing well on the DAT shows that you are able to retain first year science stuff woopdeedoo! Before you attempt to apply to such a prestigous school like Columbia may be you should get more of a life and be more of a dynamic individual than to be such a geek. May be that would give you a better chance...Just because you are good in school doesn't mean you can interact well with patients..

Develop some charm (hehe this is coming from me), and some style before you become a lamb into the slaughter.

Good luck

Dr.BadVibes said:
good post Balki......

Hey Freddy, are you the same Freedy on Bens Bargains?

Hey,

Unfortunately I have no idea what your talkin bout.

freedyx3 said:
Hey,

Unfortunately I have no idea what your talkin bout.

No prob....someone posted as freedy on another site, and I thought it could be you cause the IP was from Mass or Virginia, and I remember you saying that you live in Mass so I thought I would take a shot...

Dr.BadVibes said:
No prob....someone posted as freedy on another site, and I thought it could be you cause the IP was from Mass or Virginia, and I remember you saying that you live in Mass so I thought I would take a shot...

There's another freedyx out there?!?! :eek: Hot damn!

freedyx3 said:
There's another freedyx out there?!?! :eek: Hot damn!

No, it was posted under freedy....according to the IP, he's located in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. Just thought it was a coincidence...

Halitosis said:
if chasing after the name is so lame, why don't you go to puerto rico d-school? good education, still come out to be a skilled, respected dentist. so, i'm doing it for the challenge.

Wrong. If you want a challenge, try to get into the University of Puerto Rico's dental school. You will most likely be REJECTED.

Why? They have only 5 spots open for U.S. students PER YEAR.

It is statistically easier for a U.S. applicant to get into Columbia SDOS than the UPR SOD.

And of course there are exotic carnal pleasures to be had in Puerto Rico: :D
http://www.puertorico-herald.org/issues/2003/vol7n18/VibrantSJ-en.shtml

Members don't see this ad :)
this is great stuff! exactly what i wanted...Woodsy, Freedy, UBTom thanks so much. keep it coming.

Woodsy: yeah, yeah, about the "colombia" spelling....i thought that was a joke everyone on sdn knows....i got that from a thread long time ago....

yeah, i understand what you're saying about getting life, charm, not just study all day everyday.....but you have to keep in mind it's not that easy for some ppl. i'm trying my best, woodsy!

UBTom said:
Wrong. If you want a challenge, try to get into the University of Puerto Rico's dental school. You will most likely be REJECTED.

Why? They have only 5 spots open for U.S. students PER YEAR.

oh, i see, my bad.....but, UBTom, how good are those 5 US ppl who do get in? are their numbers that strong? and, how many US ppl apply to PR dschool per year?

freedyx3 said:
3) My interview was awesome, I think we just laughed the whole time. Very enjoyable.

do you think the reason why you weren't drilled is b/c of your stats? have you heard of ppl getting drilled only b/c they have mediocre stats?

by the way, did Dr. McManus or Dr. Davis interview you?

You're a REALLY ambitious fellow, huh?

I don't think anyone in my interview group got drilled...or at least, they didn't say so when I asked them how it went. Like freedyx3, I also have a very enjoyable interview at the school.

freedyx3 said:
AADSAS Submitted Date: May 29th

Interview Invites: Temple (8/17), UPenn (8/28), UConn (8/30), Tufts (9/3), Harvard (9/26), U Buffalo (9/10), Columbia (9/10), UMich (NA). YAY interviewed at every school!

Freedy, yeah, i found this from an old thread.....are those interview dates for upenn and cu the earliest they do it?

may 29th....that's early! i like that.....yeah, so, do you remember what number you were when you submitted it. i read from a sdn thread that aadsas will tell you...isn't that right?

Woodsy said:
5) any comments on lvl of difficulty of CU's biomed curriculum vs. a 2nd tier state school's biomed curriculum's lvl of difficulty? I hear it's pretty hard. Talk to the students who have been through or are in the program right now i.e. Stargirl, Griffin or Doggie.

i think Griffin is at/went to buffalo, i might be wrong...but he's not at columbia.

Halitosis~ i think you're over worrying... applications aren't even due yet... maybe you should go out and get drunk and relax a bit... you're going to need to when you're a dental student (here or at any other dental school).

StarGirl said:
i think Griffin is at/went to buffalo, i might be wrong...but he's not at columbia.

Halitosis~ i think you're over worrying... applications aren't even due yet... maybe you should go out and get drunk and relax a bit... you're going to need to when you're a dental student (here or at any other dental school).

You Know Star Girl , that's exactly what I am doing on monday at 2:00 PM , after my last test. It's happy Hour down at NYU so come down everyone and we'll celebrate the beginning of the summrer. Cheers!

StarGirl said:

Oops my bad..hehee..sorry...hehe..

Halitosis, it's cool man just relax and live life a bit.

I fixed my signature to avoid confusion.

"2nd Tier State Schools" have some of the best dental schools. You might want to do some research into dental schools before making a lame blanket statement. Dental school reputations vary greatly from the University reputations they are affiliated with.

Other than that, I don't have much else to contribute to this thread.

griffin04 said:
I fixed my signature to avoid confusion.

"2nd Tier State Schools" have some of the best dental schools. You might want to do some research into dental schools before making a lame blanket statement. Dental school reputations vary greatly from the University reputations they are affiliated with.

Other than that, I don't have much else to contribute to this thread.

there's no such thing as a 2nd tier state school/dental school... i wouldn't be at columbia if i had gotten into my state schools...

don't get offended i was just merely correcting the fact that you're not a student here...

Balki said:
You Know Star Girl , that's exactly what I am doing on monday at 2:00 PM , after my last test. It's happy Hour down at NYU so come down everyone and we'll celebrate the beginning of the summrer. Cheers!

can you do it tuesday at 2PM instead? (that's when we're done w/ our next test) ;)
what r u going to do the rest of the summer?

freedyx3 said:

Interview Invites: Temple (8/17), UPenn (8/28), UConn (8/30), Tufts (9/3), Harvard (9/26), U Buffalo (9/10), Columbia (9/10), UMich (NA). YAY interviewed at every school!

Freedy, yeah, i found this from an old post in which you listed your stats and interview dates.....are the dates for upenn and cu the earliest they do it?

may 29th....that's early! i like that.....yeah, so, do you remember what number you were when you submitted it. i read from a sdn thread that aadsas will tell you...isn't that right

thank you

Halitosis said:
Freedy, yeah, i found this from an old post in which you listed your stats and interview dates.....are the dates for upenn and cu the earliest they do it?

may 29th....that's early! i like that.....yeah, so, do you remember what number you were when you submitted it. i read from a sdn thread that aadsas will tell you...isn't that right

thank you

Hey man,

Yeah I think so, I know the earlier interviews were on the school's first interviewing day. I think i was #80 or somewhere around that. Earlier you submit app, earlier you interview.

freedyx3 said:

Hello Freedy,
so, how many days before those interview dates did you receive your invitations? did you feel you had enough time to get plane ticket, reserve hotel, etc. for those interviews? some of those dates are on weekdays....do dschools schedule interviews on weekdays often? also, you said you interviewed at all the above schools, right? so, how did you do the buffalo and cu interviews? thank you!

Halitosis, Columbia only interviews on Fridays. I think it is obvious that Freedy did well on the Columbia University Interview....and from what I remember you have time to book your flight and room. RELAX!

Woodsy said:
I think it is obvious that Freedy did well on the Columbia University Interview....

ok, i see, thanx Woodsy!
by the way, i think you were refering to my last question: "how did you do the buffalo and cu interviews...." by that, i was wondering how he managed to go to both, since they were both on 09/10.

He didn't. Buffalo interviews on Thursdays only.

Halitosis said:
Hello Freedy,
so, how many days before those interview dates did you receive your invitations? did you feel you had enough time to get plane ticket, reserve hotel, etc. for those interviews? some of those dates are on weekdays....do dschools schedule interviews on weekdays often? also, you said you interviewed at all the above schools, right? so, how did you do the buffalo and cu interviews? thank you!

Hey,

Don't worry they give you plenty of time to prepare and get tickets and hotels before the interview. I believe most dental schools only interview on weekdays. In fact all my interviews were on weekdays. Buffalo interview was with 2 people and CU was with one. Both low stress easy. Make it enjoyable.

Fred

FREEDY! Everybody loves Freedy! Everybody loves Freedy! Except for Freedy! hahhahahahaha....

maybe you should go out and get drunk and relax a bit... you're going to need to when you're a dental student (here or at any other dental school).
quote from Stargirl...

discolphie likes to drink everybody!!!!!!!!!!! :) --> :laugh: --> :scared: -> :eek: --> :sleep:

hehe

hmmm, too bad they don't have a vomiting smiley, or I could better describe the drinking habits of some other people I know...

^^^ that progressive smiley illustration was very clever!

discolphie said:
quote from Stargirl...

discolphie likes to drink everybody!!!!!!!!!!! :) --> :laugh: --> :scared: -> :eek: --> :sleep:

hehe

Discolphie~! Alcohol loves Discophie! Alcohol loves Discophie! Alcohol forgives all!

Woodsy said:
Discolphie~! Alcohol loves Discophie! Alcohol loves Discophie! Alcohol forgives all!

see how fun next yr's class is going to be??? aren't you regreting that you picked UT :p (it's suppose to be a trend here that every other yr is a less-competitive yr...)

yah...i heard about that stargirl..

so what year are we gonna be? :thumbup: or :thumbdown: ?

man...i'm just loving these new icons... muahahaha

StarGirl said:
see how fun next yr's class is going to be??? aren't you regreting that you picked UT :p (it's suppose to be a trend here that every other yr is a less-competitive yr...)
:idea:

I'll just clone myself and go to both schools!

I know you folks seem to be a lot less hostile than some people at U of T. It seems that Columbia students are so much cooler. Man I'm missing out on so much fun that's for sure.