hardest schools to get interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcarlin01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I got an interview invite from UAB so far. I also applied to SCO and UHCO. If I got an interview with UAB, what are my chances of getting one form the other schools? Which schools are the hardest to get an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

(1) Waterloo
(2) Berkeley

Members don't see this ad :)
Most all private schools are easier to get interviews with as they usually have classes over 100.

Most all private schools are easier to get interviews with as they usually have classes over 100.

really? i think a lot of the private schools are tougher to get into because they want the best for their school. that could just be my viewpoint, as the schools that i've applied to all have incoming classes of less than 100.

Each school has their own unique desires as to what makes the perfect applicant. I don't think any school is harder than any other school to get an interview at - it just depends on what they are looking for, and if you have it. If there was an exception - I would say Waterloo. One English speaking optometry program for an entire country - I imagine interviews are a little harder to come by.

If there was an exception - I would say Waterloo. One English speaking optometry program for an entire country - I imagine interviews are a little harder to come by.

Not so, in my experience, everyone I ever knew, that met the minimum criteria got an interview at UW as long as it was geographically possible/reasonable.

Not so, in my experience, everyone I ever knew, that met the minimum criteria got an interview at UW as long as it was geographically possible/reasonable.

I stand corrected. Based on past posts on SDN, and the posts above me on this very thread, it appeared to be a very difficult school to get accepted at... I assumed that tied in with interviews.