Harding University (AR) Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dezdoll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody on Jan 15 2010 interview at Harding Univ? I am really scared about this one as its my first interview with Pharmacy school, any tips related to interview or in particular with Harding Interviews, group interview? , personal interview?, what is the day like? are essays like PCAT essays? do they ask about drugs and pharmacy settings and work? Please advice. Thank you very much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody on Jan 15 2010 interview at Harding Univ? I am really scared about this one as its my first interview with Pharmacy school, any tips related to interview or in particular with Harding Interviews, group interview? , personal interview?, what is the day like? are essays like PCAT essays? do they ask about drugs and pharmacy settings and work? Please advice. Thank you very much :)

Let me know how it plays out. I don't know anything about Harding although I did see the campus in 2002 or so for a Hazmat class that was held up there.

Send a PM to persiancat who is a pharmacy student there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview there on December 11th and was notified of acceptance on the 16th. I will be attending there in the Fall. As far as the interview goes you will enjoy the process and will be fairly stress free. You all initially begin in one large conference room with the admissions director and a few professors/interviewers watching from the back of the room. There will probably be no more than 12 people there. All wil introduce yourselves and describe what sparked your interest in Pharmacy. Upon completion the group will be broken into 3 or four groups. Some will go to the essay, some individual interview with prfessors, then a small group interview (3 to 4) with Ms. Kell. You will go through each section, order will vary depending upon which group you are in. The essays seemed relatively easy compared to PCAT topics, and everyone was extremely nice. You should be done by 1:00. Good Luck

Hey Serenone..thanxx a lot, your feed backs really ease out my interview pain..haha Congratulations on ur acceptance..hopefully process goes smooth for me too. How were the interview quetsions and essay questions? General question like why pharmacy? wy harding? any questions to trick you off? where did u stay? i m planing to stay in Hertige Inn - the campus hotel. any tips for group interivew?

Questions were pretty general. I can't recall any that caught me off guard. Mostly they want to see you speak well, interact in the group setting, and express yourself through the essay. My one on one interview was with Dr. Smith, and was extremely laid back. We just basically talked about the community my past experiences and why I felt Harding was right for me. I am a bit older (29) and making a career change to Pharmacy, so they asked how it would affect my wife and children as well. Not the place to attend if you are looking to party, but a great place to study, learn and raise a family. The 3 parts of the interview are only 20 to 30 minutes and will fly by. You will spend more time in the initial introductions than any other part. Everyone in the Dec. 11th group took that time to really tell their story, do not be afraid to use a few minutes, I did and I guess it worked. Good Luck

Thanxxx "sereneone" for sharing your experience again. I want to know as you mentioned, everyone in your group took time to share their story? was it for group discussion? and is it for like why interested in pharmacy? or some other general topic?

Do they test students on anything related to current Health-care related topics, drugs, pharmacy news we should be aware of?

also in the earlier message u mentioned Dean or Director introduces Students and why each are interested in pharmacy? is it in the Introduction ? wow.wonder how it feels when everyone finds out why you are interested in pharmacy career, and why others.

Again Thank you very much for your feed back..and i will definitely let you know how my interview goes, if accepted will be great to be in the same class :)

Thanxxx "sereneone" for sharing your experience again. I want to know as you mentioned, everyone in your group took time to share their story? was it for group discussion? and is it for like why interested in pharmacy? or some other general topic?

Do they test students on anything related to current Health-care related topics, drugs, pharmacy news we should be aware of?

also in the earlier message u mentioned Dean or Director introduces Students and why each are interested in pharmacy? is it in the Introduction ? wow.wonder how it feels when everyone finds out why you are interested in pharmacy career, and why others.

Again Thank you very much for your feed back..and i will definitely let you know how my interview goes, if accepted will be great to be in the same class :)

I interviewed last year and was also accepted. From the sound of the Serene's post it was basically the same as last years.

So the introduction was first the faculty talked about why pharm etc. And then the students talked about themselves for a minute or so. I remember one question to everyone was...list a quote you would live by. Some people listed quotes from the bible, famous quotes from individuals etc.

Anyways, the essay question was something pretty straightforward. I dont remember the exact question, but I think it had something to do with your biggest influences or w/e. I wouldnt worry about it too much, its just to test if you can form correct paragraphs and sentences. :p (well my opinion of it anyways)

The solo interview was just your standard interview. Why here? Why Pharmacy? Etc

The group interview was about 4-5 students. The Ms. Kell, another faculty and one Harding Pharm student are there and they ask a one question and each person answers it at a time. I remember one question was one word that describes you and why. I think the other question was pretty general. Finally the last question had to do with your opinion of current events and future of pharmacy. Basically 2 people in my group got into an small argument about reform and I did not even get to talk at all about the subject. I saw one of the girls, who was arguing at another school's interview. I told her I got the phone call that I was accepted (she seemed really surprised), and she told me she never got a call. Tbh, I was a bit put off by her responses thru the whole group interview, so I can't fully say her arguing may have hurt her.

Good luck. Its not too hard, I would recommend practicing with a friend, read the feedback and just relax. :)

Thanks a lot JTrue14 for sharing your interview experience at Harding. are you currently attending Harding? How do you like the school, program?

Thanks a lot JTrue14 for sharing your interview experience at Harding. are you currently attending Harding? How do you like the school, program?

Nope, I'm attending St. John Fisher College in Rochester, New York. So, I can't really tell you anything about the school itself other than my experiences at the interview.

I had my interview at Harding on Feb 5th and the faculty was absolutely amazing. I was a bit skeptical of Harding but the faculty and staff makes u feel extremely welcomed. The facilities are great and housing is cheap in that area. I'm just waiting to see what happens so I hope I get in.

I had my interview at Harding on Feb 5th and the faculty was absolutely amazing. I was a bit skeptical of Harding but the faculty and staff makes u feel extremely welcomed. The facilities are great and housing is cheap in that area. I'm just waiting to see what happens so I hope I get in.

I finally found this thread! lol. I finally received my invitation to interview for March 19 and sooo excited! Is anyone else going to be there? I've never had a group interview so that section is making me really nervous!

I finally found this thread! lol. I finally received my invitation to interview for March 19 and sooo excited! Is anyone else going to be there? I've never had a group interview so that section is making me really nervous!

I interviewed there on Feb. 26th! The interview was surprisingly very relaxing and fun. It is divided into 3 parts: One on one interview with a faculty member, a group interview, and a writing portion.

The one-one interview is the more informal one, as all the faculty members are very nice and laid-back. They will make you feel VERY at ease.
The group interview was a little more serious? The group will consist of
5-6 interviewees, and 2 interviewers will pose the same question to every member in the group. The last question will be a discussion question where you will discuss among the group (They probably want to see the way you interact with others in a group discussion).
The writing portion was very easy. There will be a question that you will write an essay on. Don't worry too much about this part, it was not bad at all.

I got the acceptance call today, and I think that Harding will be the school that I will end up at.

Good luck on your interview!

I interviewed there on Feb. 26th! The interview was surprisingly very relaxing and fun. It is divided into 3 parts: One on one interview with a faculty member, a group interview, and a writing portion.

The one-one interview is the more informal one, as all the faculty members are very nice and laid-back. They will make you feel VERY at ease.
The group interview was a little more serious? The group will consist of
5-6 interviewees, and 2 interviewers will pose the same question to every member in the group. The last question will be a discussion question where you will discuss among the group (They probably want to see the way you interact with others in a group discussion).
The writing portion was very easy. There will be a question that you will write an essay on. Don't worry too much about this part, it was not bad at all.

I got the acceptance call today, and I think that Harding will be the school that I will end up at.

Good luck on your interview!

Congratulations I got accepted as well.

Congratulations I got accepted as well.

Hey Kami, what did you think about the school? I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school, but Harding gave me a very good impression.

Edit: Sorry, I saw your previous post- The faculty was indeed amazing...it was a little strange because everyone was so happy and upbeat, lol.

Hey Kami, what did you think about the school? I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school, but Harding gave me a very good impression.

Edit: Sorry, I saw your previous post- The faculty was indeed amazing...it was a little strange because everyone was so happy and upbeat, lol.

They were very upbeat lol. I really love Harding. The only downside is that it is a bit far from my family but I loved it there.

They were very upbeat lol. I really love Harding. The only downside is that it is a bit far from my family but I loved it there.

has anyone heard back from the March 19 interview yet?

has anyone heard back from the March 19 interview yet?

I received the acceptance call last Monday 3/29 and received the official letter today! yay! now I have to decide which school to attend. I fell in love with Harding during my inteview visit so this is going to be tough!