Harding University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elizabey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I didn't see a thread for the upcoming class. I have an interview coming up, and I'm curious to see if anyone on here has had a recent interview, and have been accepted.

How long did it take for the admissions to let you know if you were accepted or not? Are you required to attend church service? Was the essay typical like other pharmacy schools? Are the interview groups big (20+ people). From what I understand, there is a group discussion and an individual interview with a faculty member. The group discussion question, is it just about current events? I looked at the feedback section, and there is little information.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in September and was accepted by phone call like 6 days later. Grad students don't have to attend church. Essay was uhhhh to be honest I can't even remember what it was about. It's been a while. Good luck on your interview. Very friendly staff there. PM me if u have any questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and Usually there is about 20 people that come to the interview from what my friend tells me that currently goes there. But I had the very first interview so there were only a few people.

I interviewed in September and was accepted by phone call like 6 days later. Grad students don't have to attend church. Essay was uhhhh to be honest I can't even remember what it was about. It's been a while. Good luck on your interview. Very friendly staff there. PM me if u have any questions.

Thank you for the reply :]

Hi guys! I didn't see a thread for the upcoming class. I have an interview coming up, and I'm curious to see if anyone on here has had a recent interview, and have been accepted.

How long did it take for the admissions to let you know if you were accepted or not? Are you required to attend church service? Was the essay typical like other pharmacy schools? Are the interview groups big (20+ people). From what I understand, there is a group discussion and an individual interview with a faculty member. The group discussion question, is it just about current events? I looked at the feedback section, and there is little information.

Thank you in advance!

I interviewed in October, and was accepted via phone call 5-6 days after.

Church service is optional.

Essay was nothing difficult.

Interview groups vary, mine had 6 people, some will have 20+.

Overall it is a very laid back and easy interview process, with extremely nice faculty members.

Most likely going to this school. The school and faculty are amazing, and I love the teacher to student ratio. Anyone else going?

Hello, I actually interviewed this past Friday with about 14 others. This was my 3 interview, and I will say it when alot better then others, and I really think it was Mrs. Jones and her staff that made the difference. Such a relaxed setting. I am not from the east or south, so the idea of going to Harding was daunting; but with how great the staff, curriculum, students are I am really thinking about it. I have 3 more interview as of now, but Harding really moved up the ranks for me.
As far as the Essay goes, it was good, not some crazy ethical question, just a point blank question about you. Nicer than others
The interview was great paired of with 4 others for a group, then a one on one, followed by a q and a with the students. Which was good, except some of us did not engage the students directly and talked amongst themselves, which I know the students did not appreciate, and it made it hard to let them open up.
So my advice to others who read this, is to have questions ready for the students and the Advisors; do your HOMEWORK! and really take the time to get to know the students, identify with them and decide if these are the Peers/University/Class you want to be associated with!

I was kinda bummed not to here back yet, but I know they said 2 weeks and with how busy they are and the storms it might take that long! Crossing my fingers!:confused:

I will be attending Harding come this fall. If there is anyone attending this fall, send me a pm so I can add you on Facebook! I'm excited!

Hello, I actually interviewed this past Friday with about 14 others. This was my 3 interview, and I will say it when alot better then others, and I really think it was Mrs. Jones and her staff that made the difference. Such a relaxed setting. I am not from the east or south, so the idea of going to Harding was daunting; but with how great the staff, curriculum, students are I am really thinking about it. I have 3 more interview as of now, but Harding really moved up the ranks for me.
As far as the Essay goes, it was good, not some crazy ethical question, just a point blank question about you. Nicer than others
The interview was great paired of with 4 others for a group, then a one on one, followed by a q and a with the students. Which was good, except some of us did not engage the students directly and talked amongst themselves, which I know the students did not appreciate, and it made it hard to let them open up.
So my advice to others who read this, is to have questions ready for the students and the Advisors; do your HOMEWORK! and really take the time to get to know the students, identify with them and decide if these are the Peers/University/Class you want to be associated with!

I was kinda bummed not to here back yet, but I know they said 2 weeks and with how busy they are and the storms it might take that long! Crossing my fingers!:confused:

Don't worry. Just have up my spot. There is another open seat for ya. Gonna miss Ms Jones. She's amazing and a truly kind person.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what pm is, but I will be attending Harding this upcoming fall too.

I think you were in my interview section. I meant to say the 8th and typed the 7th. Have you heard anything back yet?

Yes i have i will most likely be attending as well.

i would like to know my future classmates. send me a message if you want to add me on facebook. i would like to meet you before we start in the fall!

has anyone else heard from the school?

I just received an invitation for an interview on April 19th. Is that too late?

April is late, but I think there are still a few seats open

I got an invitation for April 19th too....there are going to be about 20 students there that day i think

I'll be attending in the fall too! I think we should make a facebook group for the class of 2017!
Can't wait to meet everyone and to those interviewing, good luck!

Has anyone from the 4/19 interview group gotten a call or letter yet?

Yes, I received an acceptance call on April 26th.

Hi, I got an email alternate status on May 1, i am so confused, do anyone knows what are my chances??

Alternate status/waitlisting is a softer way of being denied. It basically means that you're on a list of students that will only be accepted if enough of their preferred and accepted students decline their acceptances. There may still be some hope, but depends mostly on how many accepted students decline their positions, and how far down you are on the waitlist.

I got alternate status as well. It's quite disheartening, but, you just have to hope for the best and/or try harder next year.

Hey guys, for the supplementary application.. Harding asked for other pharmacy schools that you applied to...... is this setting me up for failure?

I have an interview this Friday. March 27th. Anyone have that interview date. If anyone is up to touring the town let me know. I would like to get to know the area since I am not around from the area. PM me thanks.

Hi there,
I just got my invitation for interview at Harding , super excited!!!! Just wanted to ask you if you are attending Harding and how you like it ? I sure hope and pray that they will like me and offer acceptance .