Harlem Hospital GPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abrowndds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Goes anyone have info about this GPR program I did not see much info on their website about dentistry only about the medical residents.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's in Harlem. That should tell u everything.
I haven't heard very good things about this program. I have a colleague who went for an interview last year and she never got a call back. She desribed the area to me and needless to say, she wasn't upset over not being called back. A lot of hospitals in certain cities are going to be in not so pleasant places at times. I would contact the director of the program to get more information. I believe his name is Dr. King. When I was in dental school years ago, it was very competitive to get into this program. If chosen, it was considered to be quite a privilege. I believe it's changed a lot over the years. Do your research.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard very good things about this program. I have a colleague who went for an interview last year and she never got a call back. She desribed the area to me and needless to say, she wasn't upset over not being called back. A lot of hospitals in certain cities are going to be in not so pleasant places at times. I would contact the director of the program to get more information. I believe his name is Dr. King. When I was in dental school years ago, it was very competitive to get into this program. If chosen, it was considered to be quite a privilege. I believe it's changed a lot over the years. Do your research.

I imagine if you are able to do the teeth from those in Harlem, who have very little good oral care services available, once finished you can handle anything once you're in private practice where with a different population the dental problems aren't nearly as bad (hence why it may have been competitive). I'm sure now though, people aren't willing to live in an area literally putting their life in danger.

Reactions: 1 user
PM me if you would like actual information on the program, not random assumptions from people who have never been there (certain parts of Harlem are very nice).