wolverinepwns

Si vis pacem, para bellum
7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So who's going to the midnight showing? and Who's dressing up haha?

sedaniel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2008
Detroit, MI
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
So who's going to the midnight showing? and Who's dressing up haha?
I've got tickets to an advanced screening at 7pm this Thursday.... I'm so excited!! I'm a big HP dork haha, I doubt I'll dress up though. How about you?

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I'm going to go see it during the break. Midnight showing around my area's been sold out for like.. 2 weeks haha.

Jun 29, 2010
CA
Status
Pre-Medical
guilty as a HP nerd too :D not enough to go to a midnight showing and dress up though :laugh: For now, gotta worry about upcoming interviews first

Oct 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Is it sad I have been secretly waiting for this thread!!

However, no midnight showing for me for the first time for the past 5 movies... Quarter systems for me means I have finals Friday and Saturday. But I will be seeing it in IMAX Saturday night and I cannot wait!

Kgizzle

7+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2010
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Once Harry started having urges it kinda got weird...but yeah I'm definately going to hit that up

OP
wolverinepwns

wolverinepwns

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm going to the night opening thursday night with like 13 friends, we're all dressing up (most of us), Im obviously gonna be a the greatest house there is = Slytherine.

Jun 29, 2010
CA
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm going to the night opening thursday night with like 13 friends, we're all dressing up (most of us), Im obviously gonna be a the greatest house there is = Slytherine.
haha have fun!

beckhunter116

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2008
South
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it sad I have been secretly waiting for this thread!!

However, no midnight showing for me for the first time for the past 5 movies... Quarter systems for me means I have finals Friday and Saturday. But I will be seeing it in IMAX Saturday night and I cannot wait!
No, I've secretly been hoping for it too!!! I am a total HP dork, but I would never dress up. I'm still debating on what day I want to go.

DbDan

I like Bones
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2008
Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:laugh: I'm working on Thursday night... ****ty. I'm gonna hit it up Friday afternoon I think if I can find some people to go with. You going to one of the midnight showings in WW or are you going to an IMAX showing?

OP
wolverinepwns

wolverinepwns

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:laugh: I'm working on Thursday night... ****ty. I'm gonna hit it up Friday afternoon I think if I can find some people to go with. You going to one of the midnight showings in WW or are you going to an IMAX showing?
yeah I got lucky and got my shift covered! Im pretty sure its an IMAX showing cuz it was like 16$ for a tickets, but I have no idea since someone else but the tickets.

Cheshyre

Hooray Bikes!
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Le Mitten.
Status
Medical Student
Hell yeah, Slytherin.

We're just misunderstood.

SFO-IST

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
My GF got me hooked onto HP. I'm reading the books first, then i'll watch the movies.

sedaniel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2008
Detroit, MI
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Just got done at the advanced screening... ITS SO GOOD! :D Now I can't wait until the second part!

Charles_Carmichael

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Non-Student
The books are my favorites and I've probably read each one at least a million times. I just don't care much for the movies though. Like most books made into movies, these aren't as faithful to the books as I'd like them to be.

To everyone that's going to the midnight screening though, have fun!

emjayel

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2007
California
Status
Pre-Medical
:thumbup: to this post. I am a huge HP nerd too, but I can hold off seeing it till this weekend or next. But I've never dressed up, maybe next year, ha.

I've also read the books multiple times (on paper and the audiobooks :cool: I commute to work daily and it's pretty entertaining)

Aug 28, 2010
New Jersey
flusteredgrad.wordpress.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I've read all the books a few times, and had seen up to the third movie. I couldn't get through the fourth and didn't bother to watch the fifth or sixth movie. At my friend's insistence, I went out to see this one.

It was good in the fact that it stuck closer to the books(from what I remember anyways), but it seemed to drag in parts. Anyone else think that? Overall, I left much more inspired to see the last part than not, which it what they were aiming for I think. :p

OP
wolverinepwns

wolverinepwns

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I thought the movie was great, but now we have to wait 6 months for the second part.

Charlie Kelly

Wildcard
7+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2010
Paddy's Pub, Phillie, PA
Status
Medical Student
My wife teases me about not watching them unless coerced. She gets particularly frustrated when a Harry Potter joke or Twilight reference goes over my head and I'm left asking what they were talking about. I was given a "dementor" (Polly-pop draped in black tissue paper) from a kid during Halloween. Turns out everyone around me knew what a dementor was except me. After having watched a few more of the movies from both blockbuster series I realized I enjoyed HP more than Twilight. Primarily because I was expecting good acting in Twilight however I was let down whereas HP I had no expectations from pre-pubescent teens so it wasn't a let down, I expected the bad acting. And I laugh as I imagine Severis Snape falling from the 30th floor of Nakatome Plaza Building. I do love the scenery of HP, id love to get lost in the hills of Hogwarts. Are DOs recognized as physicians in the UK yet?

Prncssbuttercup

Established Member -- Family Medicine Resident
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2010
Where ever I am, I wish I was in Versailles
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Twilight is NOT as good as harry potter... ugh twilight, vomit...

The new movie is SOOO good, for the record, if there are parents out there, see it first on your own, then decide if you think your kids should see it. It's quite a bit darker (as it should be) than the last movie (which should not have been PG), and the opening scenes could be traumatic for littler kids...

Oct 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Twilight is NOT as good as harry potter... ugh twilight, vomit...

The new movie is SOOO good, for the record, if there are parents out there, see it first on your own, then decide if you think your kids should see it. It's quite a bit darker (as it should be) than the last movie (which should not have been PG), and the opening scenes could be traumatic for littler kids...
This is so true... The little boy sitting next to my boyfriend was pretty much traumatized when Dobby died.. Granted I did tear up a bit, but he was bawling.

kuanileqa

"clever catch-prase"
Feb 15, 2010
Status
Medical Student
This is so true... The little boy sitting next to my boyfriend was pretty much traumatized when Dobby died.. Granted I did tear up a bit, but he was bawling.
Seriously! Harry Potter....more like Scary Potter.

Sinfest

Slick
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I saw the movie earlier today and it was pretty good :)

OP
wolverinepwns

wolverinepwns

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Part two: July 15th!

will be bumping this thread up around July 10th haha!

Sep 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Part two: July 15th!

will be bumping this thread up around July 10th haha!
I can't wait to see Harry Potter!! Honestly I watched the first movie but was so disappointed with it (books are 99.9% better than their movies) that I did not watcht the rest. BUT -I have heard that this one is as good as the book! YEAH :D