Harvard 2012: Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After being in the program for two years, it seems that a good deal of the main Harvard threads get dedicated to housing questions. So, I thought I'd make a stand-alone to ease the burden of searching.

(Also, my shameless plug)

My roommate has just informed me that he will be moving out in mid-July. Eep! Definitely wasn't expecting him to go that soon! So, I'm going to need someone to replace him in late July or early August.

I'm in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath place on a deadly-quiet street in Malden. For the price, the apartment is huge and actually pretty nice. We've got stainless steel appliances, awesome paint jobs (by me!), hardwood floors, and all you'd have to furnish is your room! The rent is $500 + electric/gas (internet is included!)

I'm down to have a male or female roommate (though, they've been all male thus far). But, you'd have to be cool with dogs because my buddy is with me: 80 lb., well trained American Staffordshire who ADORES people (pretty worthless as a watchdog, but an amazing snuggle partner).

I could go on and on about the place and its amenities and perks. So, if you want to gab about it, or see pictures, please please PLEASE message me!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested, but it seems a bit further then I would like it to be. How's the commute to class?

It's actually fine. If you don't have a vehicle (I sold mine coming out here) we're right on the the Orange line (you can walk to the station, or take a bus). The connections dictate how long it takes, but I found that having the extra commute time was nice to go over notes on the way to class.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone interested, I have a room available to rent in Porter Square (15-20 min walk to Harvard) starting June 1st with the option to resign the lease in August. I've lived in this apartment for 3 years since I started at HES in 2009 and am only leaving b/c I'm heading off to med school. Rent is currently $625/month + utilities and the full info can be found below:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/2972623211.html

"...snuggle partner."

"So, if you want to gab about it..."

please tell me you're a girl. but i'm assuming you aren't since all your roommates have been guys.

you wouldn't really be a red-blooded american male who used the term 'snuggle partner' and 'gabs' about things, right? :scared:

please tell me you're a girl. but i'm assuming you aren't since all your roommates have been guys.

you wouldn't really be a red-blooded american male who used the term 'snuggle partner' and 'gabs' about things, right? :scared:

I would hope the name "beachblondie" indicated enough (that, and the avatar). And it's not uncommon for tomboys to have male roommates.

If anyone is still looking for a roommate for around mid-August PM me.

I don't have an apt yet but I'm look for a room or roommates to look for an apt together.

Is anyone still looking for a place in Cambridge or nearby? My luck has been low to find a place.. ;(

Hey everyone-

there is a room opening up in my inman square apartment for this next year. i live less than 15 minutes (walking) to school and 2 minutes from inman square, which is a pretty awesome place.

there are 2 male roommates. we are friendly and responsible and are looking for someone that will also be friendly, responsible, and a good roommate.

rent is also really, really good. location is really, really good. it's directly on the 83 bus line and close to the red line. the roommates (and the people in the building) are pretty great.

downsides? it's a really old building with old fixtures and appliances (except for the new stove!) no real living room. one bathroom. basically, it's not the nicest apartment you've ever seen. that's why we do our best to keep it clean and looking as nice as possible. pm me (not visitor messages) if you are interested.