Harvard Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H2OPOLODENT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My app was submitted at the end of September and I haven't heard anything from them at all. No acceptance, rejection, interview... nada. I called them in the beginning of January to check on my status and they said I'd hear back in "a week or two." I called them back yesterday and they said I should hear back "within a couple of weeks."

I'm wondering if anybody knows how long Harvard plans to interview or if they even have many spots left. Is anybody else in my position? I'm beginning to feel like I'm being strung along a little bit, so I'm trying to figure out if someone in my position can reasonably expect to get an interview, especially since there are so few spots at Harvard to begin with. Any "Harvard status" information would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

hey h20polo. when i was there, they said they interviewed through march. and they're very fair in terms of late interviews. they also said that they tend not to accept many people until they interviewed through march. so your chances are just as good if you interview now compared to if you interviewed in late december or january. so i wouldn't worry just yet.

i also noticed you'll be at columbia this upcoming friday...i'll be there as well, so hope to see you there. take care, and good luck with everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand they have only accepted about half the class so far, so that still gives a very fair chance for anyone still interviewing. They seem to be the only school that follows a true rolling admissions. And by the way, you guys have some terrific stats, I wouldn't be too worried.

Thanks guys, that's good to know about Harvard's admissions policies. It seems like at other schools it is becoming a dangerous time of the year when classes are starting to fill up. It sounds like Harvard is still working out many of its spots.

I just got my call today!!!!!

Does "call" mean for admission or for interview?

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting... I just decided today to withdraw my application.

i got my acceptance to hsdm.
I have two weeks to decide if I will attend.

Me too!! :D . . .Congrats!!

Congrats to those accepted! Would any of you guys be willing to share your stats (GPA and DAT only)? I am trying to figure out if I should apply there this cycle.

I just got a call from Harvard today for an interview. I didn't apply until December! So I'm glad to hear there are actually still quite a few spots left! Congrats to those who just got their acceptance calls :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you think you got a shot, you should apply.

I think they are looking for well rounded people.
I got a 21 and my gpa is around a 3.9...but I had a lot of unique extras.
I think their avg is a 22 and a 3.7 or so

They're not a big numbers school, but that certainly helps get your foot in the door. They like people who have research experience and community serviece, but overall I think they are most interested in someone who demonstrates a great deal of curiousity towards learning and is very open minded. That is something that is intangible and easily picked up on an interview. I hope that helps

Congrats to those accepted! Would any of you guys be willing to share your stats (GPA and DAT only)? I am trying to figure out if I should apply there this cycle.

My GPA was 3.4 and my DAT was 19Total and AA of 20. I have 8 years of work experience in medical devices though. They are not all about stats, they look for unique people.

My GPA was 3.4 and my DAT was 19Total and AA of 20. I have 8 years of work experience in medical devices though. They are not all about stats, they look for unique people.

Thanks you guys! My stats are certainly not stellar - GPA beween 3.6 and 3.8, haven't taken the DAT yet. It's good to see they are not crazy about the numbers. It's interesting, though, how the different schools at H look at numbers. Their law school is pretty crazy about high numbers.

Thanks you guys! My stats are certainly not stellar - GPA beween 3.6 and 3.8, haven't taken the DAT yet. It's good to see they are not crazy about the numbers. It's interesting, though, how the different schools at H look at numbers. Their law school is pretty crazy about high numbers.

I think they do care about number cuz their avg GPA is about 3.7ish or 3.8 and DAT >=22. Even though big numbers dont guarantee an acceptance, they will at least help you to get the interview. As everybody said, the school is looking for unique applicant so...

Has anyone been accepted, rejected, or heard any news from Harvard lately?

This is very true because I have pretty good stats and I just received my rejection letter last week without ever getting an interview. I can't complain though because I did get into my numero uno. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting to hear!

Would LOVE more then ANYTHING to go to Harvard. Was rejected this year, should I apply again??
DAT: 20 Math, 17 RC, 21 OC, 23 GC, 22 Bio, 22 TS, 21 AA, 18 PAT
3.85 Science GPA
4.00 Non Science GPA

What do you guys think? since most of you here said you got into Harvard, please give me some advise. I was rejected in Nov, so I guess they really don't like me for some reason?? should I apply again??? Should I retake the DAT???

Would LOVE more then ANYTHING to go to Harvard. Was rejected this year, should I apply again??
DAT: 20 Math, 17 RC, 21 OC, 23 GC, 22 Bio, 22 TS, 21 AA, 18 PAT
3.85 Science GPA
4.00 Non Science GPA

What do you guys think? since most of you here said you got into Harvard, please give me some advise. I was rejected in Nov, so I guess they really don't like me for some reason?? should I apply again??? Should I retake the DAT???

You didn't get into any other schools?

You didn't get into any other schools?

Hey,
NO I didn't.... I am so ashamed...
I am a NC resident. I applied to Harvard and got rejected, apply to UNC and mess up the interview and got rejected (I call and they said my interview score was low), apply to Meharry got waitlisted (fine with me don't like the school...) and I also applied to VCU and Alablama but BOTH of those schools NEVER replied!!! I called VCU and they told me my stats was high and I am from NC so I will most likely go to UNC anyways so didn't interview me!!! thats crazy, but obviously my stats wasn't high enough!! :(

What do you think I should do?? retake the DAT??
thanks so much for asking. can you give me some advise?