harvard calculus requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that harvard absolutely demands 1 year of calculus and not just math? I took 2 quarters of calculus and then 1 quarter of statistics cuz I had passed the AP test or wut not and they would not put me in intro to calc class. Anyone who applied and got accepted might know. Thanks a lot guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same boat. I called them and they told me that I had to have a year. I figured I wouldn't get accepted there anyway so I didn't apply, but it would be nice to know if someone with the same circumstances got an interview or even accepted.

MolarMamma said:
I was in the same boat. I called them and they told me that I had to have a year. I figured I wouldn't get accepted there anyway so I didn't apply, but it would be nice to know if someone with the same circumstances got an interview or even accepted.

this blows....did u pass the AP test and got credit for the intro to calc class....cuz I have that so technically, I did do 1 year of math. I am trying to stay really optimistic cuz there is no way i can compete in a calc class now that I have left it all behind.

sgdorfl90 said:
this blows....did u pass the AP test and got credit for the intro to calc class....cuz I have that so technically, I did do 1 year of math. I am trying to stay really optimistic cuz there is no way i can compete in a calc class now that I have left it all behind.

Actually, at my undergrad I only had to take 2 quarters of calc. and one statistics class.

When I called them to ask, they said I needed an equivalent of 1 year. I think I could have explained my situation and pursued my application, but I didn't really want to. However, I think if you really want to apply there you should call them and explain your situation to them...see what they tell you.

Their # is: (617) 432-1443

Good Luck! :luck: