Harvard Extension Pre-Fall 2005 get together info...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 (time TBD) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!
 
Really? Nobody else interested in meeting other classmates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been notified that the information session for HES is also Thursday night from 6-7:30pm...any preference for meeting before or after the session?
PM me
 
Sundarban1 said:
Really? Nobody else interested in meeting other classmates?

Hey guys, I definetly look forward to meeting all other HCP people whenever is good for you folks.

John
 
Hello everyone! The chance to meet some fellow HCP members would be great. Perhaps after the information session would work best. In any event, count me in!


johnnymat said:
Hey guys, I definetly look forward to meeting all other HCP people whenever is good for you folks.

John
 
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 (time TBD) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. Looks like we're meeting up after the info session.
 
Sundarban1 said:
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 (time TBD) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. Looks like we're meeting up after the info session.


Let's get some females up in this, too. 😉
 
prav said:
Let's get some females up in this, too. 😉

FutureMDBoston is a female I believe, her name is Whitney, if the lure of beer is not enough.
 
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 after the information session for HES (~7:30PM) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99
Happy_pirate

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. I'll be sending updates to those listed via PM, so please sign your name in bold if you're interested
 
Yay, guys - I'm looking forward to it. Anyone else as excited to start as I? It'll be a nice, fresh start for me. So what if I'm a dork. 🙂
 
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 after the information session for HES (~7:30PM) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99
Happy_pirate
Breeak

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. I'll be sending updates to those listed via PM, so please sign your name in bold if you're interested
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'll be there. not 100% sure if able to stay for long.

Jupiter :luck:




Sundarban1 said:
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 after the information session for HES (~7:30PM) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99
Happy_pirate
Breeak
Jupiter
:luck:

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. I'll be sending updates to those listed via PM, so please sign your name in bold if you're interested
 
I live in Colorado right now, so unfortunately I cannot make these kinds of meetings or I would be there in a heartbeat! Can any of you pass along some information this way? I'm looking to apply for next fall. I've also posted a new thread asking about advice regarding this program (how competitive it is, etc). Anything that can be sent my way is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
 
breeak said:
Hey,

Just saw this, sounds fun, count me in! 👍

Hiya Breeak,

I just saw that you lived in Southie. I guess we're neighbors - I just moved here two days ago!! 😀 :luck: :luck:

Take care, and see you at the get-together.

-Prav
 
Hi, could you add me to the list? 🙂

Is this open to all post-bac students taking pre-med classes, or just for the ones in 'official' program?


Sundarban1 said:
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 after the information session for HES (~7:30PM) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99
Happy_pirate
Breeak

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. I'll be sending updates to those listed via PM, so please sign your name in bold if you're interested
 
What:

HES pre-med dinner Thursday, September 15 after the information session for HES (~7:30PM) at John Harvard's restaurant in Harvard Square.

Whos in:

Sundarban1
Prav
Alibi
FutureMDBoston
Philman
Johnnymat
Boblj99
Happy_pirate
Breeak
Omniatlas

Please feel free to PM me if you need info. I know there are more people out there that are interested! Please sign up!

PS. I'll be sending updates to those listed via PM, so please sign your name in bold if you're interested
 
prav said:
Hiya Breeak,

I just saw that you lived in Southie. I guess we're neighbors - I just moved here two days ago!! 😀 :luck: :luck:

Take care, and see you at the get-together.

-Prav

Hey Prav,

Welcome to Southie! I've been here for 6 years, it ain't too shabby. I'll have to show you around the neighborhood watering holes. 😎 See ya next Thurs.
 
I'm making a reservation today for Thursday at 8pm at John Harvards. Anyone still interested but has not listed their name please do so today so I have an accurate count.
 
Hello everyone,

So as it stands we are set to meet at John Harvards in Harvard Square at 8pm following the information session from 6-7:30pm in the science center.
If you need directions go to www.johnharvards.com. It is literally right across the street from the science center, across from the courtyard.

Because I was unsure that everyone was going to have dinner I did not make an official dinner reservation to be seated in the dining area. I was told there would be plenty of space in the pub area as you walk in, so that's where we will be meeting.


See you tomorrow!
 
Sundarban1 said:
Hello everyone,

So as it stands we are set to meet at John Harvards in Harvard Square at 8pm following the information session from 6-7:30pm in the science center.
If you need directions go to www.johnharvards.com. It is literally right across the street from the science center, across from the courtyard.

Because I was unsure that everyone was going to have dinner I did not make an official dinner reservation to be seated in the dining area. I was told there would be plenty of space in the pub area as you walk in, so that's where we will be meeting.


See you tomorrow!

Thanks for organizing this! See you tomorrow. 😀
 
breeak said:
Thanks for organizing this! See you tomorrow. 😀

I won't be able to make it to the information session, but I'll see you all tommorow at John Harvards 😎

Ben
 
I'm not in the formal postbacc program but will probably be taking two postbacc classes at the extension school (biology and orgo) on my own. I'm already in the boston area. would you like me to show up for the get-together?
 
gnin said:
I'm not in the formal postbacc program but will probably be taking two postbacc classes at the extension school (biology and orgo) on my own. I'm already in the boston area. would you like me to show up for the get-together?


Please do! Most of us will be taking those courses next year so it will be good to network with others and share thoughts on classes, etc!
 
Man, such insanely awesome weather we are having today in Boston. 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futureMDBoston said:
I was thinking the same exact thing 🙄

This is NOT a forshadowing of the upcoming semester!

It only gets better from here on out!

See you tonight 😎
 
Sundarban1 said:
This is NOT a forshadowing of the upcoming semester!

It only gets better from here on out!

See you tonight 😎


Sorry, haven't had computer connection yet..just moved to Boston last weekend!!

I will be at the info session tonite and maybe stop by after.

Super excited about class next week!
 
hi guys --

i'm home sick today from work and won't be able to make it to the info session or the dinner, I just feel too crappy 🙁 would someone mind filling me in here on what goes on at the info session?

thanks!
emily

p.s. despite not getting to go tonight, i still hope to meet some of you - I know I'm going to need some study buddies!
 
Sorry that you are sick, happy_pirate!

should have known my severely directionally challenged self wouldn't be able to find John Harvards... Oh well, i just moved here so i'm not all that surprised....still, sorry to have missed you guys!! let me know what i missed, and I'm sure i'll see most of you in class Tuesday. I hope to meet you all eventually too, ditto on the study buddies!
 
i regret having missed this, i just got moved in this week and finally online

any possibility of some tips that came out of these 2 sessions?

i hope to meet all the sdn'ers soon

thx&gl
 
So - The non-info-session-going group found each other last night, but we never did find Sundarban or the rest. Sorry Sundarban, I hope you weren't handling some emergency last night. 🙁

It was really nice meeting Serpico, Prav, Omniatlas(?), and FutureMDBoston. We didn't really discuss a lot of practical HES stuff, so not much to report, other than everyone was really cool and I'm looking forward to having Chem study buddies for the coming term.
 
breeak said:
So - The non-info-session-going group found each other last night, but we never did find Sundarban or the rest. Sorry Sundarban, I hope you weren't handling some emergency last night. 🙁

It was really nice meeting Serpico, Prav, Omniatlas(?), and FutureMDBoston. We didn't really discuss a lot of practical HES stuff, so not much to report, other than everyone was really cool and I'm looking forward to having Chem study buddies for the coming term.

Hey!

We were there around 8pm or shortly thereafter until around 10pm or so. There was a HES signup sheet that held us up, but we were there at the first long table as you walked into the pub.

But, we all have to meet sometime again!

See you Tuesday!
 
Sundarban1 said:
Hey!

We were there around 8pm or shortly thereafter until around 10pm or so. There was a HES signup sheet that held us up, but we were there at the first long table as you walked into the pub.

But, we all have to meet sometime again!

See you Tuesday!

Too funny, we were at the second long table, for pretty much exactly the same length of time, except about halfway through we moved to the dining area. How many of you were there?

See ya on Tues.
 
breeak said:
Too funny, we were at the second long table, for pretty much exactly the same length of time, except about halfway through we moved to the dining area. How many of you were there?

See ya on Tues.

LoL.

There were only 4 of us, but fun times nonetheless.
 
prav said:
We kept looking for popped collars.

😀

Anyone taking Physiology on Saturday mornings. I am this close (fingers really close together) to taking it as my Umass math class turned out to have a ratty prof.

One foot at Umass, one at HES...exactly not what I wanted to happen!!

Ock