Harvard Extension School good for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowteeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was curious to know what people thought of the Harvard Extension School as a record-enhancing post-bac program. I've taken my pre-reqs already, but wanted to boost my gpa with a few upper level science courses. Harvards program is extremely affordable so that is why I am taking it. But, is this not a good post-bac program because of its lack of structure and perhaps lack of upper level courses? I don't really know if you can "compare" post-bac programs, but I wanted to know what other people thought or have heard of. Also, if anyone knew about the sponsorship they offer and committee letter, if they actually write a good one; that'd be helpful to know as well. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The official Harvard post bacc thread should answer all of your q's.

yellowteeth said:
Hello,

I was curious to know what people thought of the Harvard Extension School as a record-enhancing post-bac program. I've taken my pre-reqs already, but wanted to boost my gpa with a few upper level science courses. Harvards program is extremely affordable so that is why I am taking it. But, is this not a good post-bac program because of its lack of structure and perhaps lack of upper level courses?I don't really know if you can "compare" post-bac programs, but I wanted to know what other people thought or have heard of. Also, if anyone knew about the sponsorship they offer and committee letter, if they actually write a good one; that'd be helpful to know as well. Thanks.

All you need to do is go to the website and see for youself that there are many upper level science courses to choose from. No, there is no hand-holding here.