Harvard Interview =) Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlesUCLAbear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I just got invited to an interview at Harvard and I'm super nervous!!! There wasn't much interview feedback info for this year's cycle, so I was wondering if anyone that went to an interview, or is a current student can give me some tips or information about the interview. I would sincerely appreciate it!

Thank you very very much in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview invite!! I seriously would not be nervous at all about your upcoming interview. When I went, everyone there was super laid back and very nice. Basically the day starts with a talk about the school and admissions, etc. Then, each person goes to their first interview for 45 minutes, and then you have another 45 minute interview after that. I thought it was going to be tough going to back-to-back 45 minute interviews, but it wasn't bad at all. But, if you are a big talker like me, you may want to have a bottle of water to drink between interviews. Then, you go to lunch with a current dental student in the med school cafeteria. Then, you go on a very thorough tour of the facilities with more dental students. Finally, you have a very informative financial aid talk. Everyone was very helpful the entire day, and it was probably one of the most laid back interview days that I have had. Good luck!! :D

Don't stress over it. I had mine a couple of weeks ago and thought everything/everyone was great. The interviews are back to back and both about 45 minutes each, but it really didn't seem like it because the time flew by so quickly. I was first interviewed by a dental student (4th year) and then by a professor, and both were extremely nice and very thorough with everything. Lunch in the dining hall was very laid back and with four 4th year students, all who were more than eager to answer all of our questions. They were constantly encouraging us to ask them anything and everything about the school. We then went on a tour of the dental school and medical school buildings with a 4th year student, and he did a really good job explaining how HSDM works and what we should expect. The day ended with a financial aid talk, and it was definitely the most entertaining/informative one yet. So good luck and don't be nervous, because everybody there will be more than willing to answer your questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on the interview. That's huge! Best of luck. :)

look at you! It seems like it was just a few weeks ago I was sending you encouragement PM's before your DAT and now your getting interviews at harvard! Does time ever go by quick!

Congrats!

Thank you everyone for your responses! I sincerely appreciate your encouragement and help :D Good luck with all your future endeavors! -CuddlesUCLAbear

haha. congrats on that one!

Do you guys know how many applicants Harvard interviews each day?
I am going there in a couple of days and just trying to picture what it is like at the interview. Thank you in advance!:D