Harvard MD-PhD Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barcamdphd21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the normal waitlist movement for Harvard MD-PhD? I heard that a few students usually get in from the waitlist but is this common and if so, how many?

Congratulations to everyone that got in to HMS for MD-PhD.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about the Harvard waitlist specifically, but my advisor told me that MD/PhD waitlists tend to be less active than MD-only ones.

I'm still hopeful, though; I'm on about four waitlists myself, so hopefully one of those schools will need to resort to their backup plan!

Don't know about Harvard, although since its Harvard and mdphd, prob not much movement... I know there are usually movement for the MD programs (HST and NP) though... why don't you call them.

I don't think the statement on MDPhD waitlist movement is true. Schools are more reluctant to give out more offers than seats due to funding issues so it seems reasonable to think that there will be more movement for MDPhD. This is the impression I received/what I was told from several programs as well.