>>> Harvard Medical School Class of 2011 <<<

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crimsonkid85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i can barely believe it. it still seems surreal to me.

but in any case, i thought we should get the thread going....should we identify which program we're in? i'm hst. 🙂
 
Hey all (or maybe just crimsonkid)! NP here - I have yet to get the letter so I have yet to fully accept it but I'm posting anyway!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea, i think that if you can log on at this point, you're definately in! congratulations zippership, goinback2cali? and bubblehead-to-MD! 😀
 
So, anyone trying to decide between another MSTP and HST? Personally, its Hopkins MSTP w/ full funding vs. HST w/o funding.
 
By the way, exactly when are the NP and HST revisit weekends? It seems like there is some confusion - April 12-14 or April 26-28?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! You'd think it would be manilla, but no, this puppy is yellow. Anyways, I'm starting the financial aid questions and this was one of the required questions:

3. Student's Academic Program
Do you plan to practice in primary care?*
(Items marked with an asterisk are required of all applicants)

How should I know? I love useless form questions. Actually, I really don't. *disillusioned*
 
I got the stuffed yellow envelope too 😍 😍 😍 😍
 
😍 😍 😍 😍

i read through everything in the envelope, booked my flight for second look wkend, browsed through some hms webpages, and spent all day today being happy!
 
Hey all, I propose that we set up a chatroom sometime and get to know each other better before second look. Anyone else think this might be a good idea? I'm unfortunately a technological caveman, so I have no idea how to set one of those up. Anybody technologically inclined here and up to the task?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I propose that we set up a chatroom sometime and get to know each other better before second look. Anyone else think this might be a good idea? I'm unfortunately a technological caveman, so I have no idea how to set one of those up. Anybody technologically inclined here and up to the task?

Have you considered switching your car insurance to GEICO? I hear their online services are right up your alley! :laugh:
 
Pardon me, but we Yalies have to defend our honor here. To counter:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=350153

🙄 Way to spoil the fun.😉

Curriculum questions:

I'll be NP, when do you have the chance to do research? It looks like taking a 5th year is common (when funding abounds), but do you normally just get involved between summer of 1st and 2nd year? No other protected research time during the curriculum?

I am about 95% sure that HMS is Pass/Fail with no AOA. No way I would want to (let alone be able to) compete with those students.
 
Hey all, I propose that we set up a chatroom sometime and get to know each other better before second look. Anyone else think this might be a good idea? I'm unfortunately a technological caveman, so I have no idea how to set one of those up. Anybody technologically inclined here and up to the task?

Dunno about a chatroom, but Case Western has a Second Look facebook group while Yale and Vandy have Class of 2011 groups. Maybe someone more sure on the decision can found a group.
 
Hehe, I think we spent so much time on the computer before we got our letters that now we must compensate by actually going out into the world and celebrating 😉
 
i had this lofty goal of getting off of SDN for a month, then my good friend calls me and tells me UPENN is up and the addiction starts again. *sigh*
 
i had this lofty goal of getting off of SDN for a month, then my good friend calls me and tells me UPENN is up and the addiction starts again. *sigh*

Much like my cellphone and probably soon my pager, SDN is attached to my hip and has been an inseparable part of my being. Soon I'll start feeling it my bones when someone makes a big post on this site.
 
have you guys gotten any emails about second look? i think they said theyd email wiht more info.... does anybody know about when we can expect them?
 
"Dear potential member of the HMS class of 2011,

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! This is a very exciting time
for us , and we hope it's just as exciting for you. The HMS Revisit weekend this year will be from April 26-28th, 2007. We are the student coordinators. We will follow up with more information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

We look forward to getting to know all of you!"
 
"Dear potential member of the HMS class of 2011,

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! This is a very exciting time
for us , and we hope it's just as exciting for you. The HMS Revisit weekend this year will be from April 26-28th, 2007. We are the student coordinators. We will follow up with more information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

We look forward to getting to know all of you!"

Has anyone got anything after replying to this e-mail and sending
in the RSVP form?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm more excited about second look weekend than about my own birthday (later this week).

In other news, my online financial aid award became available on the 6th of April. The verdict: $4,250 Subsidized Stafford Loan, $3,000 Perkins Loan, and $5,000 HMS Revolving Loan x 2 semesters = $24.5 K unit loan.

The standard repayment period for student loans is 10 years.&#160; Thus someone taking out the unit loan for 4 years would pay (98*11.51) = $1,127.98 per month for ten years meaning $13,535.76 per year. In other words, although the unit loan does look favorible, it appears to be doable.
 
"Dear potential member of HMS 2011,

This is a friendly reminder that your RSVP form for the HMS revisit
weekend is due
April 12th, 2007 (Tomorrow).

For those who have already turned in their RSVP forms, you will
receive a confirmation of your reservation on friday.

We hope that you will come to the revisit, get to know HMS, and your
potential classmates!

cheers,

Kim & Joyce"

Did anyone who RSVP'd get anything today? My mailbox is still empty.
 
I got the above message, but haven't received confirmation of RSVP. I'm sure they're busy. Just that, that will be us next year🙁
 
Hey everyone,
Things have gotten a bit crazy here, but we are so excited about Revisit next week. By this point, you should have received your RSVP confirmation and a copy of the schedule for Revisit 2011.
Your student hosts have just gotten your information today, so they will be contacting you soon. (Maybe not tonight, since we have an exam in the morning).
If you have any questions, please let us know!

~Kim🙂