Harvard Post-Bac and Finances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whamthankyoumam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Is it true that if you find work at Harvard (say, at the hospital or something), while concurrently completing the post-bac requirements, the post-bac classes' tuition reduces significantly? I was told it decreases to something like $50 per class. Also, does the financial aid that Harvard provides cover things like housing and expenses? Finally, what's Harvard's placement rate into medical school? I'd also appreciate any other additional comments and insight. I'm new to the whole process and would appreciate some direction as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone.Is it true that if you find work at Harvard (say, at the hospital or something), while concurrently completing the post-bac requirements, the post-bac classes' tuition reduces significantly? I was told it decreases to something like $50 per class.

Yes, however these jobs are extremely competative and hard to find if you are looking for a specific position.

Also, does the financial aid that Harvard provides cover things like housing and expenses?

Doubt it.

Finally, what's Harvard's placement rate into medical school?

They advertise 80% of those who attain sponsorship. Sponsorship, etc. is outlined on their website.

I'd also appreciate any other additional comments and insight. I'm new to the whole process and would appreciate some direction as well.

Refer to the official 2006 and 2007 threads.

I am doing it half of savings half of loans - living rather comfortably nothing fancy, but well!

anyone know how competitive it is for sponsorship?