whamthankyoumam

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey everyone.

Is it true that if you find work at Harvard (say, at the hospital or something), while concurrently completing the post-bac requirements, the post-bac classes' tuition reduces significantly? I was told it decreases to something like $50 per class. Also, does the financial aid that Harvard provides cover things like housing and expenses? Finally, what's Harvard's placement rate into medical school? I'd also appreciate any other additional comments and insight. I'm new to the whole process and would appreciate some direction as well.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey everyone.Is it true that if you find work at Harvard (say, at the hospital or something), while concurrently completing the post-bac requirements, the post-bac classes' tuition reduces significantly? I was told it decreases to something like $50 per class.

Yes, however these jobs are extremely competative and hard to find if you are looking for a specific position.

Also, does the financial aid that Harvard provides cover things like housing and expenses?

Doubt it.

Finally, what's Harvard's placement rate into medical school?

They advertise 80% of those who attain sponsorship. Sponsorship, etc. is outlined on their website.

I'd also appreciate any other additional comments and insight. I'm new to the whole process and would appreciate some direction as well.

Refer to the official 2006 and 2007 threads.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.