Harvard Southshore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rena

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It sounds cool for IMGs because it has Harvard in its name.
Any thoughts about this program?
And any info about Brockton?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm not an IMG and I'm interviewing at HSS. I do have a masters in international health, though and am really interested in cultural anthropology.
I can let you know more after my interview early next month.

Did you get a confirmation?
I've already had 2 invitations from them. Will wait for the 3rd one :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got two invitations as well and no confirmation either.
I don't know what that's about...

Me too. has anyone spoken with them? they don't give a phone number in the invite so i'm hestitant to call...

I called them last Friday and left a message. Nothing so far....
Just wanted to save money and buy tickets in advance.

wow, that does not speak very well for the program, does it?

Hi, Little Bay,

I scheduled it for Nov.2.
I am going to stay in Boston with my friends. I am planning to go to Brockton by train in the morning of interview. According to my friends, Brockton is not safe place for girl.:rolleyes: We can go together.

Great! Mine is November 2nd also. PM me if you want to talk more about it.

Last edited:
Have read both positive and negative remarks about this program.

Can anyone provide more info?

Last edited:
Hey all,
According to our psych chairman, a lot of people are drawn to HSS because of the name, but that the training can be sub-standard. A friend of mine who interviewed there last year says:

"harvard south shore is interesting because you do a lot of VA work. You're a VA employee = better benefits and pay. On the plus side you get a harvard diploma and you rotate through all the harvard affiliates including mclean. But you have to drive so much and so far. not as reputable as other harvard programs."

Brockton is about a 40+ minute drive from Boston (when traffic is good). I've heard numerous reports that it's "not safe," but I'm sure there are good and bad areas.

Not terribly helpful, I know, but it's the limited info I can provide as a Boston resident. I've driven out to Brockton all of once.

Thanks Azulian.

Last edited: